New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I figured the timing wasn't adjustable. Definitely going to be a request from me for future driver updates though lol. I'll test it out for MW2 (if I can get it back from my brother), CoD4, and MW3 when I get my controller.

Durro

QuickScope timing is not adjustable at this time, but that is a good feature request for future driver updates? I though QuickScope starting working like crap in Black Ops and worked better in MW2 and I haven't even bothered trying in MW3 though I think it works better like back in MW2. Must depend on which game engine is used?
First off, I just don't think I could/would swing $250 on a controller, that can wear out, let alone break. (I have had to buy new controllers because of worn out thumbsticks, and I read that the macro is NOT user friendly for opening up) Secondly, the macro is sold out, isn't it? It shows "out" on the buy page. quickscoping is as good in MW3 as it was in MW2. If you haven't tried it, then I doubt it was tested for the development of the Rag controller. Darn. The difference between using quickdraw perk or not, makes a big difference to raising the sniper to quickscope. So I don't see how it could possible work for both. And to the post about this controller not being only for MW3, I understand that, but I would think that a controller that is released, would be more based on the current game, than on ones that are over a year old. Not totally, but more based... Hmm, I really like the Rag controller, but if QS doesn't work for MW3, then a simple $99 controller from here or elsewhere, would be just as successful. $50 extra for the drop shot feature is a bit much. Drop shot AND QS, then I am all for the extra $50. :)

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
First off, I just don't think I could/would swing $250 on a controller, that can wear out, let alone break. (I have had to buy new controllers because of worn out thumbsticks, and I read that the macro is NOT user friendly for opening up) Secondly, the macro is sold out, isn't it? It shows "out" on the buy page. quickscoping is as good in MW3 as it was in MW2. If you haven't tried it, then I doubt it was tested for the development of the Rag controller. Darn. The difference between using quickdraw perk or not, makes a big difference to raising the sniper to quickscope. So I don't see how it could possible work for both. And to the post about this controller not being only for MW3, I understand that, but I would think that a controller that is released, would be more based on the current game, than on ones that are over a year old. Not totally, but more based... Hmm, I really like the Rag controller, but if QS doesn't work for MW3, then a simple $99 controller from here or elsewhere, would be just as successful. $50 extra for the drop shot feature is a bit much. Drop shot AND QS, then I am all for the extra $50. :)

The Macro isn't sold out, you just can't buy it off of VikingDigital. It can be purchased from the Wiking60 home page and then by clicking the Macro controller under the modded controllers dropdown list in the top header. The 360 Ragnarok has both Dropshot and Quickscope, you just can't adjust the timing for the Quickscop as of right now and for dropshot I believe if you have that mode activated it automatically makes your character drop to the ground when you shoot so there's no need to even touch the crouch/prone button (not sure if it works only from the hip or for both from the hip and when looking down sights, odin would know). The controller will have driver updates in the future that will be free so it's still worth it IMO. I believe the Ragnarok is geared towards MW3 as well and most likely works for it straight out of the box but I'm not 100% sure. You can change the rapidfire mode for any of the call of duty games, the list of each mode is in the software when you click the question mark "?" button next to rapidfire modes.

NYjetsNY1

http://viking360.com/modded-xbox-360-controllers

The macro doesn't look like it is sold out! Also, our rag 360 controllers get updated, and like odingalt said "that is a good feature request for future driver updates"

Viva en Grey

True, it isn't user friendly for opening up. But have you looked into Thumbstick grips/covers? Not only will they add to the longevity of your controller's thumb sticks, but many pros have acclaimed that they improve your game! Plus we have some nice ones right here at the Viking Store!

odingalt

Staff member
We just didn't list the macro controllers on the VikingDigital site because: when you buy from Viking360 you get a support account there and access to the macro library. It's too expensive for us to build a "Database bridge" between VikingDigital and Viking360.com. So we just listed it as "out of stock" on VikingDigital so people would go to Viking360 to buy, so they can get their free account to access the macro library.

Otherwise we end up with a bunch of people who purchase through VikingDigital and we have to set up their accounts manually one-by-one on the Viking360 site, and even then it's not linked to their order info and transaction information and such. Hope this makes sense.

Durro

can you plz explain how the drop shot works? If u press right trigger, u drop shot, if u hit left trigger, u score on? Is that how it works? And how does quick scoping work? What button do u press to quick scope? When in quick score mode, can u still hard scope too?? Thx

NYjetsNY1

can you plz explain how the drop shot works? If u press right trigger, u drop shot, if u hit left trigger, u score on? Is that how it works? And how does quick scoping work? What button do u press to quick scope? When in quick score mode, can u still hard scope too?? Thx

For the ragnarok or the macro controller? For the macro controller, you can decide yourself what you want the quickscoping to do.

Tx1000

The ragnarok 360 was is it more then the ragnarok ps3, arnt they the same layout

Urg its going to cost me $208.22 guess i got more saving to do.\

Was thinking abouy paying 40+ more and getr the Macro but you guys are sold out :(

Last edited:

Durro

For the ragnarok or the macro controller? For the macro controller, you can decide yourself what you want the quickscoping to do.
For the Ragnarok. The macro is out of the question for me. I cannot spend that much for a controller, when 90% of the time, it will be used for FPS like call of duty, in other words, any rapid fire controller will do what I would need out of the macro. I just need a rapid fire controller that will quick scope correctly. Everyone and their brother show youtube videos of rapid fire, but no one shows the quickscoping with controller in the video, and the screen also. (a demo of how it works). Any chance you can do a quick video, showing it work on modern warfare 3? At any rate, many other controllers have quickscope set up for left trigger. This sucks, cuz then there is no way to hard scope at the same time, while quickscoping.

NYjetsNY1

The ragnarok 360 was is it more then the ragnarok ps3, arnt they the same layout

Urg its going to cost me $208.22 guess i got more saving to do.\

Was thinking abouy paying 40+ more and getr the Macro but you guys are sold out :(

The macro controller is not sold out. You just have to buy it from viking360.com

can you plz explain how the drop shot works? If u press right trigger, u drop shot, if u hit left trigger, u score on? Is that how it works? And how does quick scoping work? What button do u press to quick scope? When in quick score mode, can u still hard scope too?? Thx For the Ragnarok. The macro is out of the question for me. I cannot spend that much for a controller, when 90% of the time, it will be used for FPS like call of duty, in other words, any rapid fire controller will do what I would need out of the macro. I just need a rapid fire controller that will quick scope correctly. Everyone and their brother show youtube videos of rapid fire, but no one shows the quickscoping with controller in the video, and the screen also. (a demo of how it works). Any chance you can do a quick video, showing it work on modern warfare 3? At any rate, many other controllers have quickscope set up for left trigger. This sucks, cuz then there is no way to hard scope at the same time, while quickscoping.

I'm still waiting on my version of the 360 Ragnarok for testing. It's being built this weekend. Remember that I am NYjetsNY1 (New York), and Viking is in Washington state. So I have to wait a bit for the rag to come to me!

Hopefully odingalt can answer this for you for the time being.

odingalt

Staff member
can you plz explain how the drop shot works? If u press right trigger, u drop shot, if u hit left trigger, u score on? Is that how it works? And how does quick scoping work? What button do u press to quick scope? When in quick score mode, can u still hard scope too?? Thx For the Ragnarok. The macro is out of the question for me. I cannot spend that much for a controller, when 90% of the time, it will be used for FPS like call of duty, in other words, any rapid fire controller will do what I would need out of the macro. I just need a rapid fire controller that will quick scope correctly. Everyone and their brother show youtube videos of rapid fire, but no one shows the quickscoping with controller in the video, and the screen also. (a demo of how it works). Any chance you can do a quick video, showing it work on modern warfare 3? At any rate, many other controllers have quickscope set up for left trigger. This sucks, cuz then there is no way to hard scope at the same time, while quickscoping.

It changes slightly depending on if you buy a PS3 Ragnarokor an XBOX360 Ragnarok.

PS3 Ragnarok dropshot: when dropshot is on, when you full your fire-weapon button (can be in any layout, so doesn't necessarily mean you are pulling R1 or R2, it could be L1 or L2 if you are in that button layout), your character drops to the ground.

XBOX360 Ragnarok dropshot: There are two different dropshots. If you set it up for dropshot 1, when dropshot is on, when you full your fire-weapon button (can be in any layout, so doesn't necessarily mean you are pulling R1 or R2, it could be L1 or L2 if you are in that button layout), your character drops to the ground. If you set it up for dropshot 2, if you are holding the scope-weapon (ADS) button and pull your fire-weapon button, it cancels the dropshot (you don't drop).

PS3 Ragnarok QuickScope: When you tap the scope-weapon (ADS) button, it will scope, take a quick shot, and de-scope. If you hold the scope-weapon (ADS) button, it just scopes like normal and doesn't take the quickscope shot.

XBOX360 Ragnarok QuickScope: When you tap or hold the scope-weapon (ADS) button, it will scope, take a quick shot, and de-scope.

There is no way to have quickscope on the right trigger in the default button layout for an XBOX360 controller, because as soon as you pull the right trigger, your character would immediately shoot. That's why you see all the mod shops with quickscope on the left trigger. Unless of course you add an aftermarket tac switch on the button and hard code it to be used to quickscope. We opted against having a lot of tac switches on this to try to give it a more organic feel through the stock buttons.

Durro

It changes slightly depending on if you buy a PS3 Ragnarokor an XBOX360 Ragnarok. PS3 Ragnarok dropshot: when dropshot is on, when you full your fire-weapon button (can be in any layout, so doesn't necessarily mean you are pulling R1 or R2, it could be L1 or L2 if you are in that button layout), your character drops to the ground. XBOX360 Ragnarok dropshot: There are two different dropshots. If you set it up for dropshot 1, when dropshot is on, when you full your fire-weapon button (can be in any layout, so doesn't necessarily mean you are pulling R1 or R2, it could be L1 or L2 if you are in that button layout), your character drops to the ground. If you set it up for dropshot 2, if you are holding the scope-weapon (ADS) button and pull your fire-weapon button, it cancels the dropshot (you don't drop). PS3 Ragnarok QuickScope: When you tap the scope-weapon (ADS) button, it will scope, take a quick shot, and de-scope. If you hold the scope-weapon (ADS) button, it just scopes like normal and doesn't take the quickscope shot. XBOX360 Ragnarok QuickScope: When you tap or hold the scope-weapon (ADS) button, it will scope, take a quick shot, and de-scope. There is no way to have quickscope on the right trigger in the default button layout for an XBOX360 controller, because as soon as you pull the right trigger, your character would immediately shoot. That's why you see all the mod shops with quickscope on the left trigger. Unless of course you add an aftermarket tac switch on the button and hard code it to be used to quickscope. We opted against having a lot of tac switches on this to try to give it a more organic feel through the stock buttons.
For 360 controller. Ok, so you said quickscope, you "tap" the ADS button and it quickscopes, then I take it that the rest is like the PS3 also, that if you hold the ADS button, you hard scope. If so, then perfect! That would be very natural to get used to. And I also like how you have the option of NOT drop shooting, if you ADS first. Love it! Now, if there is any way to adjust the timing of the quickscoping, I can't think of anything that would be missing. I just can't see how the timing could work for quickscoping with and without the quickdraw perk. Without it, you scope in much slower than with. And like I said, I am pretty sure the sniper rifles scope in at slightly different speeds. If there becomes a way to adjust the quickscoping speed, I think I will be buying one that day, since I can't think of anything else. Seems like you have a great controller here.

odingalt

Staff member
On the XBOX360, if you tap or hold the left trigger it doesn't matter, with way it's going to perform the full quickscope.

On the PS3, if you tap you will get the full quickscope, if you hold then it cancels the quickscope and you get a regular scope.

Durro

On the XBOX360, if you tap or hold the left trigger it doesn't matter, with way it's going to perform the full quickscope. On the PS3, if you tap you will get the full quickscope, if you hold then it cancels the quickscope and you get a regular scope.
Ok, so on the 360, there is NO way to hardscope if the quickscope mod is active? Sorry for all the questions. But I never used a modded controller before and really want to know how it works before purchasing. Thanks. odingalt, I sent you a pm also, thanks. :)

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Ok, so on the 360, there is NO way to hardscope if the quickscope mod is active? Sorry for all the questions. But I never used a modded controller before and really want to know how it works before purchasing. Thanks. odingalt, I sent you a pm also, thanks. :)

With a macro controller there is a way to do it not sure about the ragnarok.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Getting my ragnarok tomorrow! So if I have some time to play with it, I'll be able to help everyone out more.

What a christmas present! I was thinking about getting the chip then realized I didnt have the right motherboard on any of my controllers. I wont have enough money to get the whole controller either so when I run across the right type of motherboard for a the chip Ill buy one.

theboss2897

I got my macro yesterday and all i can say is thank you. Nothing even compares to this controller! Really, just wanted to say it lives up to everything you guys said it would.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I got my macro yesterday and all i can say is thank you. Nothing even compares to this controller! Really, just wanted to say it lives up to everything you guys said it would.

Personally I think its the best controller in the world. The ragnarok is cool but capability wise its nothing to the macro. If you need any help go ahead and shoot me a PM or post in on the forums. Im always willing to help!