Any thoughts on updating XB360 & PS3 Ragnarok Firmware!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I was curious to if there is a demand from the community to add a new updated firmware to the legacy (xbox 360 PS3) ragnarok people. I was thinking in lines of something as simple as adding BF4 autospot to a updated firmware! Say 2 submodes; Class 1, LT autospot & Class 2 autospot always on! It would also be benifical to see a auto sprint always on and auto sprint always on until you go prone submodes!

I know these are some ideas id really like to see happen! I feel if everyone voices their opinions on the matter then maybe will become a reality due to popular demand! So viking community share your opinions on this matter please. Sincerely, Brian.

40_ounce

That would be cool.
i let my brother in law borrow my Ragnarok he plays BF4 primarily so I know he would like that.
I 'm also going to start playing that game since I'm starting to get bored with COD right now.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Yea I've always been a COD player but I'd say after the original blackops everything went downhill fast. I never thought of battlefield as a option till I played it. It took a little bit of a learning curve bit after I played it for some time I just fell in love with it. Its truly a great game. They Dont make it all retatred with perks and crazy equipment perks. Its basically balanced just right. Skill shines through!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

How about auto aim for COD ghost. To help out settings are as followed, "command" hold until LT is pulled; (hold LT) "command" Hold 93MS then (Release LT) "command" hold 7MS.

Here's some more ideas and I'll list all the commands to make them funtionable!.......

JUMP DROP SHOT: "Command" Hold until RT is Pulled, (hold A) "command" hold 60MS then (release A) (hold B) "command" hold until RT is released.

JUMP DROP SHOT LT CANCELE: "Command" Hold until LT is released and RT is pulled; (hold A) "command" hold 60MS then (Release A) (Hold B) "command" hold till RT is released.

JUMP DROP SHOT RESET: "command" Hold until RT is pulled, (hold A) "command" hold 60MS then (release A) (hold B) "command" hold till RT is released then (release B) "command" hold 60MS then (hold B), "command" Hold 60MS then (release B), "command" hold 60MS then (hold A), "command" hold 60 MS.

JUMP DROP SHOT RESET LT CANCLE: "command" hold until LT is released and RT is pulled, (hold A) "command" hold 50MS then (release A) (hold B) "command" hold until RT is released then (release B) "command" hold 50MS then (hold B) "command" hold 50MS then (release B) "command" hold 50MS then (hold A) "command" hold 50MS.

UNIVERSAL LT QUICKSCOPE: "Command" hold until LT is pulled (hold LS) "command" Hold until LT is released (Hold LT) (Hold LS) (hold RT) "command" hold 30MS then (release LT) (release LS) (release RT) "command" hold 30MS.

BATTLEFIELD 4 LT AUTOSPOT: "Command" hold until LT is pulled then (hold RB) "command" hold 200MS then (release RB) "command" hold 855MS.

BATTLEFIELD 4 AUTOSPOT ALWAYS ON: "Command" hold 255MS then (hold RB) "command" hold 200MS then (release RB) "command" hold 600MS.

MW2 SPAZ JITTER NO SOH PERK:
"Command" hold until RT pull (hold X) (hold RT) "command" hold 20 MS then (release X) (hold RT) "command" hold 460 MS then (hold Y) (release RT) "command" hold 50MS then (release Y) (release RT) "command" hold 50MS then (hold Y) (release RT) "command" hold 50MS then (release Y) (release RT)

MW2 SPAZ JITTER SOH PERK: "command" hold until RT is pulled then (hold X) (hold RT) "command" hold 20 MS then (release X) (hold RT) "command" hold 250MS then (hold Y) (release RT) "command" hold 50MS then (release Y) (release RT) "command" (hold Y) (release RT) "command" hold 50MS (release Y) (release RT).

UNIVERSAL COD JITTER: "command" hold until RT pulled then (hold X) "command" hold 21MS then (release X) "command" hold 19MS them (hold Y) "command" hold 21MS then (release Y) "command" hold 19MS then (hold Y) "command" hold 21MS then (release Y)

These are great codes I've created and tested numerously! It would be nice to see a drop shot reset where u auto stand when RT is released.

The universal LT quickscope is a great code as well. U simply hold LT and release it when u want to quickscope/dragscope/ hard scope. It also doubles as semi auto akimbo double fire with just the tap of the LT. It eliminates being restricted to certain QS timings and gives u the option when to take the shot! You can also cancel the shot out say you have LT held all u need to do is tap Y (switch weapons) then release LT between weapon swaps.

The battlefeild 4 autospots are perfectly timed to register the marks and be silent. No clicking noise if RB is pressed too fast.

These other jitters are exclusives made by me! There are still a lot of die hard MW2 players. People will love these spaz jitters also the universal cod jitter is faster than your fastest XYY jitter on the ragnarok and work on all older cod titles. It's also beast in origional BO on ALL shotguns and burst riffles.

If you could incorporate some or all of these in the ragnarok chip it would really one up the ragnarok! If you got time just try my settings out. U will see these simple codes are actually gold. People love the jump drop shot as well!

Last edited:

Agent

I am on board for any updates to the Ragnarok or Legacy controllers. Personally I prefer my Thors Hammer and Ragnarok over the Macro because it has less of a learning curve from what I've seen. I asked Odin way back when about the possibility of adding more button combinations to use to turn mods on and off on legacy controllers, if this could be implemented I would be happy. Also on the Ragnarok if there could be a way to reset to a default set of mods without re-flashing the controller that would be great as occasionally I'll switch modes by accident and forget which I was using.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

I like the master reset idea! It sounds simple but I'm sure it would be quite the coding nightmare. It would be cool to see the natural stock settings be imbedded in the chip and any settings you change in the software or on the fly to be able to reset it to stock settings by holding tact + select & A. I'm sure it would take a lot of coding memory to write it. All the stock settings will have to be stored in the microchip. I do like that idea though. Great input Agent!

Another thought to make coding simpler maybe do a code say tact + select & A and no matter what mode your in be it mode 7 with the combination above would put u back into the starting mods u have programmed into the Viking software. Say your software starts u off in mode 2 RF with mode 3 turbo knife ect, that would be the mode u start in when u activate the mods! So it's like a master deactivation. U can be in all your modes be that mode 7 rf mode 2 drop shot and hitting the sequence tact + select & A it will put u back to all stock settings and when u re activate your mods it will start u in your presets u punched in the software to start out in! Genus!

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

So I have listed ideas as updated auto aim, dropshots, jump dropshots, BF4 autospots, jitter updates & quick scope updates. Agent has shared an idea of a master deactivation mode and I have created scenarios on how it could be implied to work with less memory disposal.

I still want to hear more from members in here of ideas or at least support the ideas that have been listed! I know a lot of members here still play 360 & ps3. All of u could benifit here if you speak up and Dont turn a blind eye from this! So please speak up & show support by saying what ideas u like that are listed or list some of your own ideas! Thanks for all your support and hope to hear from more members on this.

Last edited:

bonefisher

I say put an option for paddles on the ragnarok's.....put whatever combinations that you want on the paddles like A and B buttons or X and Y....but that will be your pick and no changing back.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

So on my ps3 ragnarok I noticed v1.8 will not let me access turbo knives. I had to downgrade to v1.4 and it works fine now. I triple checked this and it seems to be some bug in v1.8 for ps3.

One more tbing ive noticed is I have never been able to put my ps3 controller in programming mode on the fly. I followed the directions using tact + R1 & L1 then tap R2 or any other mod coresponding button. It simply will not go into programming mode. Its Just like accessing turbo knives in v1.8 firmware the LEDs won't even register. Its as if ot was a invalade button sequence!

So to sum things up turbo knives work in all firmwares except v1.8, there seems to be no programming on the fly in any firmware updates!

I'm thinking somehow the v1.8 software may have became corrupted? As for programming on the fly am I doing something wrong with my input or is everyone else not able to do this as well? Oh ya I also noticed the QS wouldn't work in V1.8. Leds would turn on but when Lt was pulled it would not delay fire the RT. All other firmwares there was no problem. Please respond back with your inputs thanks! Curious to see if other are experiencing the same issues.

Montanareturnspt2

So on my ps3 ragnarok I noticed v1.8 will not let me access turbo knives. I had to downgrade to v1.4 and it works fine now. I triple checked this and it seems to be some bug in v1.8 for ps3.

One more tbing ive noticed is I have never been able to put my ps3 controller in programming mode on the fly. I followed the directions using tact + R1 & L1 then tap R2 or any other mod coresponding button. It simply will not go into programming mode. Its Just like accessing turbo knives in v1.8 firmware the LEDs won't even register. Its as if ot was a invalade button sequence!

So to sum things up turbo knives work in all firmwares except v1.8, there seems to be no programming on the fly in any firmware updates!

I'm thinking somehow the v1.8 software may have became corrupted? As for programming on the fly am I doing something wrong with my input or is everyone else not able to do this as well? Oh ya I also noticed the QS wouldn't work in V1.8. Leds would turn on but when Lt was pulled it would not delay fire the RT. All other firmwares there was no problem. Please respond back with your inputs thanks! Curious to see if other are experiencing the same issues.

hey bro i know this is old but i would love to have some of these great features. All i play is mw2. In the Ragnarok section we want to jitter the strike with a silent shot. I would love for that. Also I know a little bit of coding. I would love to help if i could. let me know if i can in any way but yes please for an update on mw2

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

hey bro i know this is old but i would love to have some of these great features. All i play is mw2. In the Ragnarok section we want to jitter the strike with a silent shot. I would love for that. Also I know a little bit of coding. I would love to help if i could. let me know if i can in any way but yes please for an update on mw2

I have all these already coded to 12f683 microchips. Its all free opensourse @ acidmods.com. software is nowhere good as ragnaroks but its a great for free.

The settings I have posted in here is actually off my software hex generator for 12f683 chips.

Montanareturnspt2

I have all these already coded to 12f683 microchips. Its all free opensourse @ acidmods.com. software is nowhere good as ragnaroks but its a great for free.

The settings I have posted in here is actually off my software hex generator for 12f683 chips.

i have been look to load it in my ragnarok?

odingalt

Staff member

There is no programming of the USB PS3 Ragnarok on the fly through button presses. It can only be programmed by the computer. There wasn't enough memory in the PS3 modchip to offer both USB and on the fly programming. In the non-USB version of the PS3 you can program on the fly, since the USB code was removed in that version there was enough memory to re-insert the code used for that. The microprocessor that is used in the PS3 is the same that was used in Thor's Hammer and Odin's Raven. When we did the XBOX 360 Ragnarok we went from a PIC18 processor to a PIC24 and added a bunch more memory.

I'm not sure if this was available in early firmwares but as we added features there wasn't enough room and at the time nobody was using it and it was a relatively new thing for us (prior to that all programming had been done through the computer). Hope this background info helped.

odingalt

Staff member
Did Turbo Melee button combination change from v1.4 to v1.8? What combo are you using. The instructions I have say to do this:

To activate Turbo Melee, hold mod switch + hold THROW LETHAL + tap MELEE attack. The Player 3 LED will twinkle to let you know that you've activated turbo melee.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Did Turbo Melee button combination change from v1.4 to v1.8? What combo are you using. The instructions I have say to do this:

To activate Turbo Melee, hold mod switch + hold THROW LETHAL + tap MELEE attack. The Player 3 LED will twinkle to let you know that you've activated turbo melee.

Yra that's the same combination I used for turbo knife activation in V1.4 bit in V1.8 it onlyb registers the right anologe click. No big deal though. I gave my friend my ps3 so he could use it on a trade in on a new ps4.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah the old PS3 modchip is 100% memory full. There's not a bit (like literally a 1 or 0 bit) left in it to make any updates.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

i have been look to load it in my ragnarok?

Like Odin said this has nothing to do with ragnarok firmware. This is a whole other deal. I really Dont even like bringing it up here as I Dont feel its appropriate from Odin running a buisness and feels almost like spamming. Its something I did for diy hobbiest that want free codes. I just threw a bunch of my creations out here in hopes it could one day be attributed to a software update. Honestly I feel the LT quickscope I posted is the best code out of everyone I threw out here. Simple and easy. Always a great combo.

Montanareturnspt2

Yeah the old PS3 modchip is 100% memory full. There's not a bit (like literally a 1 or 0 bit) left in it to make any updates.

sorry i have the xbox ragnarok. controller. Is that chip max out as well. I mean with the chip already being installed inside my controller what application or software you use to load the new code into the hardware for testing or use? Also i could get started on a downgrade software or another version with multiple loads for the ragnarok. I am going to buy a macro next week to satisfy my needs. I didn' t do my complete research before buying the ragnarok. I just bought it. I love it but i crave more