May 2014 Beta Testing Thread (Random Firing with Berserker Controller)

nlnSilencenln

Odin, are all these firmware releases strictly beta or are they actual improvements over the original firmware installed from the flash utility?

odingalt

Staff member
I just put BETA all over it so guys would know it's not "official" since it could still have bugs. However it's been stable for me this afternoon so I don't see any harm for anyone trying, I think this particular build is more stable than the official "3-17-2014" build that is currently bundled with the flash utility. I'm optimistic this last firmware will be "the one" and test out good and become the official firmware (at which point I will re-bundle it with the flash utility and update the downloads on the viking360 website).

It doesn't add any new features, but with the bugs that it solves, it makes the controller a heck of a lot more usable!

odingalt

Staff member
This also would have solved a few controller returns that were sent back to us that seems to be hardware issues but I'm fairly certain were probably just software bugs. Most of the bugs were associated with playback of runes using analogs (joysticks etc.)

Bernard

Odin - the new beta firmware 5-18 nearly fixes the random riot shield striking and random single gun fire issue from page 1 of this thread. Instead of it happening every 20 - 30 seconds it now is only happening a few times per game.

Bernard

Is that one of those rapid fires you first showed me with the tweening of the trigger?
It's one of the riot shield / Akimbo packs I sent you in the Dropbox. When armed with the riot shield the controller would suddenly activate the riot shield. It would happen all the time, every 20 or so seconds. Now it still happens but more rarely and only a few times per game. My guess something tweaked in the firmware is correcting the issue. I can drop the pack back in the in the Dropbox if needed. The single shot firing only happens maybe once a game now. Not sure why one happens more often then the other? Either way I've noticed the issues slowly getting better with each new firmware update.

odingalt

Staff member
Odin - the new beta firmware 5-18 nearly fixes the random riot shield striking and random single gun fire issue from page 1 of this thread. Instead of it happening every 20 - 30 seconds it now is only happening a few times per game.

Say would you send me a PM I'd like to get your creds to your version of the viking forge to take a look at this runepack.

bonefisher

It's one of the riot shield / Akimbo packs I sent you in the Dropbox. When armed with the riot shield the controller would suddenly activate the riot shield. It would happen all the time, every 20 or so seconds. Now it still happens but more rarely and only a few times per game. My guess something tweaked in the firmware is correcting the issue. I can drop the pack back in the in the Dropbox if needed. The single shot firing only happens maybe once a game now. Not sure why one happens more often then the other? Either way I've noticed the issues slowly getting better with each new firmware update.
I forget which way you had it running on the tween if you have on a loop til release, then finish out.... anyway when that hits just right and you let off the trigger it would fire off a shot because it is still play out.... that little bit of the rune you have is at full press makes it do that........

jerrod710

Big bad memory leak discovered and solved. Added some additional self checks for memory leaks.
My computr does not like this file with the new firmware beta update. It will not let me open it, download it to be able to load it up onto my controller that I just got back today. Does somebody have this tfirmware that they can share with me that isn't a hex file? Right now my computer does not like hex files

bonefisher

1 get controller ready to download open to where your going to pick something like a rune pack 2. Download firmware off of here .....open to were you see it. 3. Drag and drop the firmware to your page where you open to pick something for the controller now pick that and upload to the controller........

nlnSilencenln

Don't try and open the file unless your using the flash utility. like bone said copy the file paste it to the folder your flash utility opens for the uploads to the controller then select it from there. It will actually automatically highlight it for you after the paste.