May 2014 Beta Testing Thread (Random Firing with Berserker Controller)

bonefisher

Odin, just wondering what you are saying about hardware problems. That it could be the hardware won't be able to run two loop forever functions at the same time?

Last edited:

bonefisher

Odin take a look at Battlefield 4 Assault.... When I turn anti-recoils, auto spot on one page hit Y to the second page then back it turns them off ... also vise-a-versa... could it be I'm using same buttons on both pages to turn things on or scroll to different rapid fires? Y connecting them together grounding the other page mods? Just make all different activate/ deactivate buttons then it should work? Still think there's a bug...

Update: All kinds of stuff happening with this one...even got the going down again with the anti-recoil with a couple of other button presses....Your going to have a field day with this one!

Update from the update: The nastiest bug I've had yet......I had anti-recoil on and strafe with couple of wild taps of different buttons....now I'm swimming sideways in the ocean...LOL

Last edited:

bonefisher

Whatever you do......don't jump in the helicopter! LOL........ Really not funny....Rather have this fixed so I get to make some awesome rune packs..

bonefisher

Went back to Battlefield 4 Extreme and set up like we had last night when you got it working. Know when you put auto spot on it works for a while then stops with light still on and only way to shut off is to scroll through rapid fires then it shuts off or pull battery... IDK

bonefisher

Odin you put a 24 hour test trail on that firmware or what? Now my ghosts pack attack isn't working...,.,

bonefisher

Check out simple TEST 1 that I made for battlefield. Tells on itself real quick.. going to bed.. GOOD LUCK!

odingalt

Staff member
Odin take a look at Battlefield 4 Assault.... When I turn anti-recoils, auto spot on one page hit Y to the second page then back it turns them off ... also vise-a-versa... could it be I'm using same buttons on both pages to turn things on or scroll to different rapid fires? Y

The attached firmware fixes the issue you reported above.

Also I'm like 99% sure I uploaded the wrong firmware in my previous post, 'twas very late last night, I think I uploaded the 5/14/2014 001 instead of the 5/15/2014 001. This one that is now attached is the latest and greatest (5/15/2014 version 002), hot off the press.

ATTACHMENT REMOVED. NEWER FIRMWARE ISSUED.

Last edited:

bonefisher

The attached firmware fixes the issue you reported above.

Also I'm like 99% sure I uploaded the wrong firmware in my previous post, 'twas very late last night, I think I uploaded the 5/14/2014 001 instead of the 5/15/2014 001. This one that is now attached is the latest and greatest (5/15/2014 version 002), hot off the press.
Nope not working! I even changed activate/ deactivate buttons around,,, something is really tied together messing things up. Even when I have anti-recoil on, in ADS it doesn't work unless hip firing...that's with everything going.... All heck breaks loose! This is on Battlefield 4 Assault

odingalt

Staff member
I'm starting to wonder if your controller has some hardware problems beyond the scope of a firmware update.

The Battlefield 4 Assault is working pretty good for me today. I've turned everything on, running around the map, I'm getting rapidfire, dropshot, jump on tac #2, dropshot on tac #4, Autorun on left stick forward, auto hold breath on LT, etc.

It's important to note right now you can only playback 3 runes simultaneously (XBOX 360 limit was 5). So if you fire up auto spot with RB, get rapidfire and dropshot with RT, your anti-recoil won't play since you're already playing back 3 runes. It's hard to say which gets priority when you call for many runes at the same time but you'll only get 3.

I'll keep testing over the weekend but I can't get bugs to recreate at the moment :-(

Last edited:

bonefisher

I'm starting to wonder if your controller has some hardware problems beyond the scope of a firmware update.

The Battlefield 4 Assault is working pretty good for me today. I've turned everything on, running around the map, I'm getting rapidfire, dropshot, jump on tac #2, dropshot on tac #4, Autorun on left stick forward, auto hold breath on LT, etc.

It's important to note right now you can only playback 3 runes simultaneously (XBOX 360 limit was 5). So if you fire up auto spot with RB, get rapidfire and dropshot with RT, your anti-recoil won't play since you're already playing back 3 runes. It's hard to say which gets priority when you call for many runes at the same time but you'll only get 3.

I'll keep testing over the weekend but I can't get bugs to recreate at the moment :-(
I'll test my other berserker out to see if I have same issue..

bonefisher

Issues on both controllers......check out test 10 simple rapid fire with anti-recoil on sensitivity 70% and tap RB for auto spot then watch when you hit tac#1 to change rapid fire.....thought you had fixed that issue the other night.

JIM WALKER

Issues on both controllers......check out test 10 simple rapid fire with anti-recoil on sensitivity 70% and tap RB for auto spot then watch when you hit tac#1 to change rapid fire.....thought you had fixed that issue the other night.

Is it possible to add your rapidfire with anti recoil rune to your dropbox ??? Have been trying to make one for BF4 without great success ....Would like to try/see it ...

bonefisher

Is it possible to add your rapidfire with anti recoil rune to your dropbox ??? Have been trying to make one for BF4 without great success ....Would like to try/see it ...
It is in there Jim! Some things you just can't take out....long as the bullets are on target...

odingalt

Staff member

Ok I downloaded TEST 10 and followed your direction. Yes this is actually the normal behavior right now. When you scroll up or scroll down in any group, the Berserker will first turn off all runes that are currently playing.

[Eventually in the future the mod will changed to only shut off the rune that is being scrolled (and leave any other runes that are playing to keep playing). This was how it was originally done, but it caused some sort of bug the other day, so we modified it to shut down all runes when you do any group scrolling.]

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

Ok I downloaded TEST 10 and followed your direction. Yes this is actually the normal behavior right now. When you scroll up or scroll down in any group, the Berserker will first turn off all runes that are currently playing.

[Eventually in the future the mod will changed to only shut off the rune that is being scrolled (and leave any other runes that are playing to keep playing). This was how it was originally done, but it caused some sort of bug the other day, so we modified it to shut down all runes when you do any group scrolling.]

So I tried this setup, way way too frustrating, having to turn on runes after every change, especially during gameplay is a no no for me ... back to firmware version 3-2-2014 for me, limited rune making I admit, but at least they work when I want them ... never had these issues with the macro software, perhaps due to its complexity the forge (or the controller chip) is being asked to do things it isn't capable of .... either way, the two components don't seem to totally like each other ... no offence intended, just my observations ..... Plus, (have mentioned this before) I have just been told my internet is going down for maintenance for 4 hrs today, so cannot access the forge offline .... Having played, tested and used the forge for a little while now, sorry to say, I really do not like it ..... and the fact that I am still using the original firmware says it all .... sorry for the old git rant, but I am getting a bit annoyed with not being able to fully use my berserker as I could/can my macro .....

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I think you're being overly critical and definitely suffering frustration from beta testing this week. You're forgetting how the XBOX 360 was limited and how much everybody complained about the original 360. Here are many of the complaints I received about the original XBOX 360 macro:

Original XBOX 360 Macro controller: after every page change, all macros would stop playing and toggle off. On the new Berserker: after every page change, all macros stop playing. However, any macros that were toggled on stay toggled on. Advantage: Berserker

Original XBOX 360 Macro controller: Did not have the ability to bundle runes in groups, therefore you could not scroll through groups at all. Berserker: allows you to bundle the runes in groups and scroll through the runes (when you scroll, it will turn off any runes that are currently playing, however any runes that are toggle on stay on). In my opinion, advantage Bersreker, it is equal to the XBOX 360 Macro and also goes above and beyond. Advantage: Berserker

Original XBOX 360 Macro controller: All LED's had to be the same color, you could not mix LED colors. Berserker: Each LED is uniquely controllabe. Advantage: Berserker

Original XBOX 360 Macro controller: You could not assign macro playback to joystick directions. Berserker: you can. Advantage Berserker.

Original 360: Playback can only be assigned to a single button. Berserker: Playback can be assigned to a combo of two buttons. Advantage Berserker.

Original 360: There is no "cancel/inhibit" button for making mods like dropshot with cancel. Berserker: it can do this. Advantage Berserker.

Original 360: You could only toggle mods by the TAP of a single button. Berserker: you can toggle mods with a combination of buttons, including a tap or a hold. Advantage: Berserker

Original 360: It's only for Windows?? Nooo!!! Berserker: Viking Forge is web based to make it easier to support other o/s (Android, Mac) which would not be possible if we deployed a full blown app for each operating system. Advantage: 360, since the Berserker Android app is still not released.

To be honest, I'm pissed off at customers. I sent out a survey last year.

Survey Question: How important is it to you that you can FULLY customize how your controller works?

Survey Answers: 61% said very important, 32% said somewhat important, 7% said they don't care. (93% of customers said they wanted to fully customize their controller).

So we went all out on the Berserker software, to make the software way more customizable, and now we're getting chastized for giving customers exactly what they complained about for years. In a 1:1 comparison the Berserker has a boatload of features that the original XBOX 360 macro didn't have. EVERYTHING we added to the Berserker came from customer requests. If you search the forums hard enough you will find that ever feature the Berserker has came directly from a request here in the forums or from our helpdesk ticket system. There's no easy and simple way to implement all the customizability that customers demanded. Customers said, we want more, so I gave them more, it should have been assumed that the more you customize the more complicated it gets.

So when you say "having to turn on runes after every change, especially during gameplay is a no no for me" then just go back to the old 360 way and don't use group scrolls, then you'll be 1:1 with the way XBOX 360 macro worked, and problem solved!

[On an aside, There's nothing I can do about the live Viking Forge, the forge went web because it was supposed to interact with your Android app so you guys wouldn't even have to get off the couch to program runes. So we're in a growing pain stage on the Viking Forge, it's web based, but we don't have the companion app ready, so nobody can see the power of putting this thing on the web. Eventually firmware updates will also roll out from the web and the windows utility (in its current form) will go away and be replaced by a USB java applet. So the goal here is you can access your forge from any computer anywhere.]

So in my mind, the only advantage that goes to the XBOX 360 is the Viking Forge being web-based. In the modern age of computing, when we get the Android app working, this won't be a killer any more, even if your home internet is down you'll be able to do the same on your Android device over your data.

As far as I'm concerned it's time to such down Viking360.com and move on to another industry that isn't so god damn finnicky. It's pretty obvious Berserker iwas a big mistake and as a failure in the eyes of customers. We made a big mistake in actually listening to customer feedback and spending a boatload of my own personal money to build the software. I should have just regurgitated the old shit and charged $300 a controller for it and then I could make a ton of money off customers regurgitating old shit and ignoring their feature requests and I could be sitting on a beach right now drinking a fruity alchol drink instead of sitting here in the forums writing a post.

bonefisher

When I stepped into this Berserker knew there was going to be flaws til E sorted things out. He is working on this very hard to get things straighten out but it will take a little time and patients... Do you think the macro controller came out perfect the first time til he sorted things out? Answer is no but it is still number 1 controller out there on it's end of xbox 360 life! Have a little faith in E, he will make this rite with a little time...

bonefisher

I think we made a big gain this week so far with many issues.....Odin has knocked them out so far (cheers glass up to you) except for one ( when scrolling) but I have adapted so far and only have one going off on my rune packs which it is a quick tap to throw back on.... Jim give the new firmware another shake.... I'll help you out getting around it til everything pans out!

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for letting me rant! I don't want anybody to take my rant personally either, when a customer popped in that hadn't even tried his Berserker and said he had reservations about his purchase I had to say something!