New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

odingalt

Staff member
The CG2 macro board will definitely never ever be a DIY setup.

If we ever tried to create a macro board for Matrix2 it could possibly be a DIY setup but it would be sold no-warranty-no-returns because it will still be the hardest mod install ever. Or maybe we wouldn't. Sometimes it's better to just not sell a product, than sell a product and have 50% of your customers bricking their controllers lol

simvida

Hello All, So the new controller will not be like the macro but like the hex file updates? The program will be preset? Soon as it is up and ready to buy can you sticky an announcement on the forum so I can buy one right away.

NYjetsNY1

Hello All, So the new controller will not be like the macro but like the hex file updates? The program will be preset? Soon as it is up and ready to buy can you sticky an announcement on the forum so I can buy one right away.

We aren't sure if we will make the new 360 controller use the Hex editor or have a different software. It won't be like the macro though, but it'll have all the features you want and more for call of duty.

I have so many controllers sitting around here (including 3 Macros) that I would be OK with bricking a controller or two. I am really more interested in a fun DIY project lol.

The CG2 macro board will definitely never ever be a DIY setup.

If we ever tried to create a macro board for Matrix2 it could possibly be a DIY setup but it would be sold no-warranty-no-returns because it will still be the hardest mod install ever. Or maybe we wouldn't. Sometimes it's better to just not sell a product, than sell a product and have 50% of your customers bricking their controllers lol

twharton

I have two (maybe 3) controllers unused. Would Viking be interested in acquiring them, their innards, for production purposes. I'm sure we could work out a mutually agreeable barter tranaction. Email me if so.

twharton@mchsi.com

NYjetsNY1

I have two (maybe 3) controllers unused. Would Viking be interested in acquiring them, their innards, for production purposes. I'm sure we could work out a mutually agreeable barter tranaction. Email me if so.

twharton@mchsi.com

I don't think we are interested in acquiring them.

I can say that the Macro-Board will never ever, ever be a DIY setup!!!

This is why you should "never say never" ... lol.

twharton

So my future son in law and buddy of his showed up a little while ago, both in their early 20's....and playing Black Ops split screen matches with my old standard black and standard white controllers and just in awe of my skill...of course I'm playing with 'my' stealth black macro....they are clueless and I'm loving it.

I know all the haters out there think I'm lame, cheating....whatever......BWOOAAAAHHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!

odingalt

Staff member
http://viking360.com/support/faq

Can I send in my controller and have The Viking installed to save money?

No. Contrary to popular belief, send-in service is not more economical. Used controllers must be tested and cleaned, and any worn, used or broken parts must be replaced, and our staff must remove any other modifications that have already been installed. All of these extras lead to an increase in costs, not a decrease. In addition, Viking360 cannot provide a warranty on used equipment. For these reasons, we only sell brand new modded controllers. This ensures the best balance between quality, warranty and economy for all of our customers.

odingalt

Staff member
Nope we don't take send-ins. You may be one of the rare few honest customers, but 9 out of 10 times we used to take send-in service back in 2009 it always led to problems - customers sending in old broken controllers with damage, expecting us to repair everything like-new for less money than buying a new mod. If something goes wrong with the controller we have no way of knowing if that was our fault or if it was sent to us that way.

Plus we haev zero modchips on the shelf, we've already assembled all the macro controllers, they are just sitting in boxes on the shelf waiting for new owners. Employees started on assembling PS3 Ragnarok and 360 Tyr's Hands last week.