Why you shouldn't buy Activision's "Stimulus Package"

drb1992

Paul said:
People's gaming budgets have become a bit more tight lately. You act like $15 is nothing, but it adds up. Plus in WaW if you didn't have the map pack it didn't play the map. Cod4 and probably MW2 it will just kick you if you don't have it. Plus, we payed $60 for the game. In WaW it was actually new content, but in MW2 the maps are already on our disc. You know, if your trying to be savvy and get the Odin's Raven or the Thor's Hammer, $15 does mean quite a bit.

It is actually pretty common for the developers to make all the maps that they are releasing for DLC before the game even comes out, and like in IW's case sometimes put them/some of them already on the disc. They do this not necessarily for more money (which they probably do get some out of it but knowing Microsoft they probably get most of it) but to bring something new to the game, people start getting bored of the game and want something new so they give it to them in the form of DLC. It really doesn't matter whether they already made the DLC before the game came out or not. Both ways its going to bring something new to the game and make people play it longer than they normally would of.

Also another thing I would like to say is that you are complaining about paying 1200 MS points while MW2 comes with more maps than some (maybe all) of the most popular shooters out there. It has 16 maps, (same with CoD4) while Halo 3 only had 10. It took 2 map packs for Halo to have the same amount of maps as MW2 and CoD4 when they came out. So if you payed for those that is 1600 MS points (the cold storage map pack was free) to have the same amount of maps as CoD lol. Even after 4 map packs CoD4 still has the same amount of maps as Halo 3 with CoD4's original maps and one map pack. To have more maps than CoD4 you have to buy 3 map packs and Halo 3:ODST lol. So if you payed for everything that is 90$. I'm not sure what your opinion is on Halo 3 but you shouldn't be complaining about a measly 1200 MS points when you are getting at least 5 maps.

Paul

drb1992 said:
Paul said:
People's gaming budgets have become a bit more tight lately. You act like $15 is nothing, but it adds up. Plus in WaW if you didn't have the map pack it didn't play the map. Cod4 and probably MW2 it will just kick you if you don't have it. Plus, we payed $60 for the game. In WaW it was actually new content, but in MW2 the maps are already on our disc. You know, if your trying to be savvy and get the Odin's Raven or the Thor's Hammer, $15 does mean quite a bit.

It is actually pretty common for the developers to make all the maps that they are releasing for DLC before the game even comes out, and like in IW's case sometimes put them/some of them already on the disc. They do this not necessarily for more money (which they probably do get some out of it but knowing Microsoft they probably get most of it) but to bring something new to the game, people start getting bored of the game and want something new so they give it to them in the form of DLC. It really doesn't matter whether they already made the DLC before the game came out or not. Both ways its going to bring something new to the game and make people play it longer than they normally would of.

Also another thing I would like to say is that you are complaining about paying 1200 MS points while MW2 comes with more maps than some (maybe all) of the most popular shooters out there. It has 16 maps, (same with CoD4) while Halo 3 only had 10. It took 2 map packs for Halo to have the same amount of maps as MW2 and CoD4 when they came out. So if you payed for those that is 1600 MS points (the cold storage map pack was free) to have the same amount of maps as CoD lol. Even after 4 map packs CoD4 still has the same amount of maps as Halo 3 with CoD4's original maps and one map pack. To have more maps than CoD4 you have to buy 3 map packs and Halo 3:ODST lol. So if you payed for everything that is 90$. I'm not sure what your opinion is on Halo 3 but you shouldn't be complaining about a measly 1200 MS points when you are getting at least 5 maps.

Then make the DLC free like BF:BC2. Charging $15 for one map pack. Plus I don't play Halo.

drb1992

I guarantee you that DICE or EA have to pay Microsoft to get BF's DLC free. Either that or they have some other kind of special deal with MS. Doesn't matter if you play Halo or not the point was, was that MW2 already comes with more maps than most FPS's out there. So having to pay for more isn't that big of a deal since you will be having up to twice possibly even more maps than most FPS's, even if it does cost 1200 MS points your getting at least 5 maps which is pretty good since most map packs only come with 3-4 maps. Also we aren't even sure if that is all we are getting.

Paul

drb1992 said:
I guarantee you that DICE or EA have to pay Microsoft to get BF's DLC free. Either that or they have some other kind of special deal with MS. Doesn't matter if you play Halo or not the point was, was that MW2 already comes with more maps than most FPS's out there. So having to pay for more isn't that big of a deal since you will be having up to twice possibly even more maps than most FPS's, even if it does cost 1200 MS points your getting at least 5 maps which is pretty good since most map packs only come with 3-4 maps. Also we aren't even sure if that is all we are getting.

They confirmed it was only 5 maps...

We're only actually getting 3 new maps also.

Xx Binno xX

Paul I don't think you have a clue of what your talking about. In your first post you stated that the maps are under security protection code? are you stupid. Infinity Ward Didn't know what maps there were going to bring back from cod4. Robert Bowling said they were voted as most liked so they uped the graphics, you think call of duty world at war ( i know its a total different company) had all 9 of the maps on there disk with a protection code + there Nazi zombie maps? They made a the first map pack then they putt out more map packs because they were a big hit. They didn't have them on the disk under a protection code. They made more maps because they had over 1million downloads for them and they wanted to keep it going. On cod4 I don't think the map pack was a big hit, I know people who own the game and still didn't buy the maps. So there is know way that Infinity Ward has the maps under a protection code like you said and them being the game developers I think it would be there map pack not Activision, Activision just has say so on what Infinity Ward can and can't do.

Paul

XxbinnoxX said:
Paul I don't think you have a clue of what your talking about. In your first post you stated that the maps are under security protection code? are you stupid. Infinity Ward Didn't know what maps there were going to bring back from cod4. Robert Bowling said they were voted as most liked so they uped the graphics, you think call of duty world at war ( i know its a total different company) had all 9 of the maps on there disk with a protection code + there Nazi zombie maps? They made a the first map pack then they putt out more map packs because they were a big hit. They didn't have them on the disk under a protection code. They made more maps because they had over 1million downloads for them and they wanted to keep it going. On cod4 I don't think the map pack was a big hit, I know people who own the game and still didn't buy the maps. So there is know way that Infinity Ward has the maps under a protection code like you said and them being the game developers I think it would be there map pack not Activision, Activision just has say so on what Infinity Ward can and can't do.

Since I'm not really going to convince anybody about anything at this point I'll just keep it simple to what my research has led my conclusion to be:

Infinity Ward put enough DLC for this map pack, and another map pack, and possible more, on the disc when they put it out. This is all on your disc right now under protection. I could be very wrong about what I said, I'm not saying I'm definitely right, but I'm 99% sure the maps are already on your disc. Treyarch actually made you download them, and so did CoD4. MW2, I don't think your downloading them when you pay 1200MSP on them.

Edit: Also Binno, Activision controls MW2 because it's part of the Call of Duty franchise which they control. They have the yes and no on everything IW does when it comes to CoD. They also have the rest of IW on a chain because if they quit, they don't get the royalties from MW2 they're owed.

obo

Hey guys lets not flame. Let me share what i know for fact. Paul, the protected content you refer to on the mw2 disk is the golden desert eagle, and two gametypes known as "global thermonuclear war" and "arena". I habe played both of these gametypes and they are quote fun. However they did have to be accessed thru j-tagged xbox's so people could get to them. Pretty sure the maps arnt hidden on the disk tho

Paul

obo said:
Hey guys lets not flame. Let me share what i know for fact. Paul, the protected content you refer to on the mw2 disk is the golden desert eagle, and two gametypes known as "global thermonuclear war" and "arena". I habe played both of these gametypes and they are quote fun. However they did have to be accessed thru j-tagged xbox's so people could get to them. Pretty sure the maps arnt hidden on the disk tho

I never actually played on them, but saw a video on them.

Wish I played the game types though. :\

Schltz010

i have also played global thermonuclear war, it was alright lots of deaths and kills, but it was really laggy.
Havet played arena.

Paul

obo said:
Link to the video? Probly just a company who got sneak peaks or something

It got removed for copyright infringement like, an hour after upload. lol

So I can't link you. :\

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I also saw new camo's on a j-tag, they had red and blue leopard. It was just like tiger, but with black spots instead of stripes.

xXtRaSaUcE

I have the Red and Blue Cheetah as well as the Gold and Platinum camo in splitscreen only for now. As far as for not buying it.....I can't wait to play the old maps with cold blooded pro as well as the new ones so they got my $$$$$ already.

horatio13

Paul;

Since when does literacy have ANYTHING to do with the comprehension of numbers? Last I checked literacy had to do with literature, not mathematics. I'll have you know that I'm an A student in advanced physics and advanced mathematics, so please don't try to insult my knowledge on the subjects. Especially calling such subject "literature". Please think before you type.

Now back on topic. I don't give a damn what they charge. I love the game, I am financially able, so I will be buying the "stimulus pack". Hell, Bill Gates can give my Microsoft points to charity, I don't really care what happens with it.
Microsoft can do what they want, they own America. Seriously? Boycotting microsoft? Good luck with that pal. I really doubt your little protest is even going to be one bit noticeable anyways. Microsoft doesn't need your points. Stop complaining. Don't buy the pack. Get on with your life.

Yours Truly,
H

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It can't be comepletely controlled by microsoft, because it will come out for the PS3 too. Sony isn't just going to go along with what ever microsoft wants, but I also can't see them having different prices either.

Itz CHARLEY

why don't we all just pay bad company 2? I cant wait to get thet game, no more of cod 6's rediculousness. You know yesterday i was playing search and destroy and i got sniped in the stomach with a barret. A 50 CALIBER WEAPON and i lived. So i wouldn't normally complain but because i was on top of a roof i was in the snipers line of sight. So of course i jump down 1 story so i dont get shot again....... And guess what!?? I DIE. Why should i get BLOWN TO PEICES WITH A .50 AND LIVE, BUT I DIE FROM JUMPING DOWN 1 STORY!! Which is more likely: surviving a .50 or dieing from jumping down 8 feet and dieing? Even if someone survived a .50 to the guts, would they just land on the ground and disintegrate? I will do everything i can to not only boycott these maps, but also everything MW2. (i still love cod 4 and 5 so i will play those games in the mean time:)). This weekend i am cutting grass and working at special olypics swim meet for 6 hours, so i should have enough dough to land myself a copy of BF: BC 2. Cod 6 is a disgrace...

t4ius

i bet 90% of people in here that say they are gonna boycott this map pack will buy it day 1.
who cant afford a $15 US for a game pack, if so get a dam job hippes...

Itz CHARLEY

it's more about fighting for the principal of microsoft raising prices than the money. I'm pretty sure anyone who can afford a viking controller, xbox, MW2, a computer, and a house can afford this map pack.