Why you shouldn't buy Activision's "Stimulus Package"

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Itz CHARLEY said:
it's more about fighting for the principal of microsoft raising prices than the money. I'm pretty sure anyone who can afford a viking controller, xbox, MW2, a computer, and a house can afford this map pack.

EXACTLY!!! Although I don't think microsoft is entirely to blame, it is in fact the principle of the price being raised when it shouldn't be.

Paul

As a couple of people said already, I went at this wrong.

It's not that I don't think you don't have $15 to spare, it's the fact we can't just get away with letting Microsoft charge w/e they want for DLC.

So yeah, it's the principal behind it, not the actual price.

More than 75% of MW2 is going to buy this DLC if you like it or not why Bitch? I mean c"mon most people that buy MS points get the 20$ 1600 MSP cards and people dont even spend half of it. Its not like 20$ or more. Microsoft will charge what they want they are cheapy bastards but in the end everyones gonna get there MSp ready and buy it. Love it or Hate it, Im Buying it! :D

o KxR Khaos o

There really is no point of posting about boycotting the "Stimulus Package" on the the viking forum, There's only around a 50 people who are active on the forum. Altogether only around 10% of them are going to boycott it. And anyways Microsoft/Activision has around a couple million already planning on buying the "Stimulus Package" so Activision's pockets will be full even if 20-30% of the couple million boycott it. This topic is the equivalent of strapping yourself to a tree to protect an old building which is getting deconstructed that is 1,000,000 miles away. You have to get this topic to a more popular website and have to make this topic more interesting.

Paul

o KxR Khaos o said:
There really is no point of posting about boycotting the "Stimulus Package" on the the viking forum, There's only around a 50 people who are active on the forum. Altogether only around 10% of them are going to boycott it. And anyways Microsoft/Activision has around a couple million already planning on buying the "Stimulus Package" so Activision's pockets will be full even if 20-30% of the couple million boycott it. This topic is the equivalent of strapping yourself to a tree to protect an old building which is getting deconstructed that is 1,000,000 miles away. You have to get this topic to a more popular website and have to make this topic more interesting.

Actually if you look around 60-80% are against the new price.

Even if $15 isn't that much, the entire principal is that we shouldn't let Microsoft boss around our DLC prices.

t4ius

if u r worrying about the principle, get over yourselves
we here in Australia have to spend $110 on a new game where u americans have cheap $60 games, the exchange means it is nearly $50 extra we have to pay for games.
grow up and stop whining, if anybody is getting ripoffs and bad deals, its Aussies...

obo

t4ius said:
we here in Australia have to spend $110 on a new game where u americans have cheap $60 games, the exchange means it is nearly $50 extra we have to pay for games.
grow up and stop whining, if anybody is getting ripoffs and bad deals, its Aussies...
Wtf? Theres no way your paying 110 for a game. And if you are, you need to go buy your games on ebay or something. 110 is a scam

PS3andCOD

Contributor
40_ounce said:
I'm buying it. Oh and by the way Activision is the one charging $15 not microsoft.

I figured that, the pack is coming out for PS3 as well as xbox

t4ius said:

I don't beleive that you pay $110 for a game. Maybe you pay $60 in austrailian dollars that convert to be $110 american dollars, but then your minimum wage is probably about the same number as the american minimum wage. I do think prices are geting out of hand though. They are selling the fallout 3 GOTY for $70. A used copy is still $65. What's the point in buying used if it only saves $5? And $70 is too much for a year old game that just has the DLC added.

Itz CHARLEY

You know what, fuck activisions little 'MW2', big business really hits the customers hard and doesn't give them a choice. Its always, "suck my dick or get the hell out" with them. i love Viking because they have a small business that isn't all about money. It's about making rapid fire mods better than any other company has and being pretty great at it. Sure they are expensive but people don't complain because Viking blows everyone else out of the water. On the other hand, the Stimulus map pack is the biggest disaster since the Hindenburg and no one's left smiling and satisfied.

horatio13

IrishStyle said:
Man unless they take Food Stamps or Grand Daddy Purps as payment I will have no choice but to boycott LOL

i'm about to run a lobby, so once i get a shit ton of microsoft points i'll spot you 1600

t4ius

PS3andCOD said:
I don't beleive that you pay $110 for a game. Maybe you pay $60 in austrailian dollars that convert to be $110 american dollars

how the fuck does the exchange of 60 austalian dollars = 110 american dollars, the exchange is more like 66 aus dollars.
if u dont believe me go on an aussie game site and check e.g. ebgames.com.au

i had to pay $110 dollars for my MW2 and i am pissed, but considering the price compared to half a dozen halo 3 map packs, its a tiny amount to pay in the long run. just cause 2 coming out next week will cost $108, kinda overpriced isnt it

Schltz010

i believe 1 american dollar is like 1.29 aussie dollar, so we pay 70.00 plus some tax and they pay 85.00 to 90.00 and some tax. but i not for sure so dont take my work on this

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Alright, some games were very expensive. Over $100 seemed to be special edition / limeted edition games. I also saw some games that were actually cheaper though. Oblivion GOTY was $25 compared to the $35 that they were charging in-store last week.

t4ius

Schltz010 said:
i believe 1 american dollar is like 1.29 aussie dollar, so we pay 70.00 plus some tax and they pay 85.00 to 90.00 and some tax. but i not for sure so dont take my work on this

we should only be paying around $70, but tight-arse companies know we have no other choice but too pay $110, we are fuckin region locked...

t4ius

PS3andCOD said:
Alright, some games were very expensive. Over $100 seemed to be special edition / limeted edition games. I also saw some games that were actually cheaper though. Oblivion GOTY was $25 compared to the $35 that they were charging in-store last week.

special edition halo 3 was $230, special MW2 was $170, u guys are lucky

t4ius

PS3andCOD said:
We pay $70 for most new releases, and our dollar is higher than yours. What is your minimum wage?

ours is about $6.50 an hour, and thats for McDonalds(cheap bastards)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
No way!!! In austrailian dollars? We get $10.50 or so Canadian. But another reason your games are more is that they usually have to make a special batch of "less violent" games to be alowed to sell them in austrailia.