Will there ever be a MACRO ps3 controller? can one be made special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this was already posted before or if there is a current post on the subject i could not find it if there was.. But my big question is will there ever be a MACRO ps3 controller? is that even possible? How much would something like that cost to get if it could be done and if It can be who would I need to talk to to to order one? I really want one the MACRO is the best controller with the most user control out there and I honestly dont want to go buy a new xbox 360 just to get the controller but man im tempted :) so is that something that can be done and mainly how much would that cost??

Ok lol just looked at this Cornus X thing my question Is do you still get all the functions of the macro control if you use this if so Im sold Ill go ahead and order my controller on payday lol guess I did not look into it too much since I just got my ragnarock not too long ago but whatever I love it total beast but i want the MONSTER!! :)

You should buy a Xbox anyways, ps3 Is so boring... I have a brand new Chech-a01 just collecting dust... You turn it on and it puts you to sleep, boring dash board, boring friends list, boring achievment tracking... Yuck boring ps3

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
The cornus x will let u use your xbox macro on ps3. All the mods will work on it. So yes its basically like having a ps3 macro. Just make sure to pick the right mod pack for the cornus x and get the wireless adapter with it. Without it u wont be able to sync your controller. If your not interested in having the extra mods the cornus x provides then just go with the cornus. It will save u like 40$.

Last edited:

modded matt

Im with slick.... buy a xbox or use the cronus x. I do not see the macro coming available for the ps3. possibly in the future when the next gen consoles come out.

noonoo390

recently bought a ps3 add my psn

so i bought a ps3 and i have a modded comtroller and black ops 2 ,and some other games add my psn bkfinestmark718 please

noonoo390

send him a voice message...or a chat invite....
course im good and i do have an xbox i got both and yes i am good i have elite i did not set it up yet lol just wanted to see how good the macro controller is with the ps3 im thinking about posting some videos of me owning

noonoo390

ok i have both ps3 and xbox. there are two versions of the cronus the cronus and cronus x the cronus x cost 100$ and the Cronus is 60 i have the regular one because i use my xbox360 macro controller on the ps3 yes it works perfect no lag time works just like a ps3 controller i can macro any mod i want for any game. the cronusx can d0 the same thing ,rapid fire ,macros ,etc but i dont recommend this one becsuse its more difficult to use than the macro controller,which i already know how to use.
also u can get the cronus and there is like some sort of jailbreak to change it into the cronus x without paying the extra money but you have to know some sort of coding to know how to make mods. all so if you buy the regular cronus you can upgrade it to the cronus x for 39.95 . and u can use the cronus x mods on any controller u use.you can remap buttons on both versions also. but i rather just use my macro controller because its easier hope i answer your question.

noonoo390

how to use the 360 macro controller withe the ps3

ok i have both ps3 and xbox. i decided to buy a ps3 recently because its just better console than xbox in terms of how fast it is etc. i still use my xbox for some games . you have to buy a cronus usb device .there are two versions of the cronus the regular cronus and cronus x. the cronus x cost 100$ and the Cronus is 60 i have the regular one because i use my xbox360 macro controller on the ps3 yes it works perfect no lag time works just like a ps3 controller i can macro any mod i want for any game. the cronusx can d0 the same thing ,rapid fire ,macros ,etc but i dont recommend this one becsuse its more difficult to use than the macro controller,which i already know how to use.
also u can get the cronus and there is like some sort of jailbreak to change it into the cronus x without paying the extra money but you have to know some sort of coding c++. to know how to make mods. all so if you buy the regular cronus you can upgrade it to the cronus x for 39.95 . and u can use the cronus x mods on any controller u use.you can remap buttons on both versions also. but i rather just use my macro controller because its easier hope i answer your question.

add my psn if you have both systems lol and my gamertag bkfinestmark718 for both.

im not here to say buy this im just telling you how i got my controller set up. i dont want the form guy saying im trying to say cronus is better than the macro because its not but they help each other out . im not trying to promote it just telling you the questions you guys are gonna ask.

ok when you get the device its like a usb plug it in the usb slot one on the ps3 and then plug in the xbox360 wireless adapter receiver into the usb. now the wireless receiver does not come with the cronus you will have to pay like 10, 15 dollars extra for it but i bought mines on ebay for cheap because its not an xbox brand one . once that is done i press the sync button on my macro controller and the sync button on the wireless receiver and wola u have an macro controller playing on the ps3 its arwsome thinking about posting videos

Last edited:

SHawking

i decided to buy a ps3 recently because its just better console than xbox in terms of how fast it is etc.

What? Other than the above, in my opinion, nonsense, well done for getting it to work on the PS3.

modded matt

i decided to buy a ps3 recently because its just better console than xbox in terms of how fast it is etc.
that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen posted. I have both... you dont really believe that BS do you? I think your just trying to justify your purchase. How fast it is? you must have bumped your head. The only thing ps3 has that xbox dosnt is the bluray player. By physical definition of the hardware, the ps3 has less RAM thus making it less responsive/slower to preform new tasks. I have both, you are wrong.

As for the Cronus-x, this has been posted, and quite frankly, I do not approve of your hacking the cronus device. What if I came here telling everyone that the only difference in the all of the legacy chips is how they are wired? (Among other trade secrets) YES, I have a personal interest in the cronus device I am not at liberty to discus.

E, PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST. WE HAVE COVERED THE CRONUS DEVICE HERE: http://www.viking360.com/forums/showthread.php?5086-Cornus-X-cross-platform-usb-adapter!

modded matt

Was there a reason you quoted me? or was it just to point out on of the PS3's short comings?

Please post anything you want, but do not proceed to discuss jail breaking the cronus device.

Status
Not open for further replies.