Gamermodz released a USB-Programmable controller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krier023

Useful Poster
"The new Alpha Re-Programmable is just one more innovative modification that GamerModz has been the first to release."

Psh yeah the first 2 or 3 years after viking. also you have to pay 25 dollars for each update or code, so in the long run viking is better and less expensive. also with the gui coming out there is no competing.

Paul

Where did they say they charge $25?

I know it's full of crap, I just think its interesting someone else FINALLY got a USB Programmable. :)

Krier023

Useful Poster
Haha yeah cant blame them for wanting to make money, but under the modded controllers if you go to the alpha programmable it shows that you have to pay 25 dollars for each driver

Paul

Krier023 said:
Haha yeah cant blame them for wanting to make money, but under the modded controllers if you go to the alpha programmable it shows that you have to pay 25 dollars for each driver

I just noticed that, it's kind of cheap. >.>

Fredrow

Paul said:
Krier023 said:

I just noticed that, it's kind of cheap. >.>

SO what's so cheap about it???

You spent $100 on the controller, plus shipping....
Then $25 for MW2 code,
new game comes out another $25
another new game comes out $25
and a new one $25

Do the math.....

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well, here in Canada, sometimes people say cheap to mean unfair or biased. Also, that second controller has no description or features list. How are you supposed to know what it does at all?

odingalt

Staff member
This is the original bid put out by gamermodz to purchase their USB bootloader:

http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Engi ... arger.html

We've already known about their project development for months. Fortunately we're not concerned, as it is GamerModz' intent is to charge customers for software updates. The GamerModz software is identical to Viking's hidbootloader.exe flashing software with these exceptions:

-Their software has a better logo/splash screen.
-Their software includes encryption capability,
-Each of their mod chips has a unique serial number

What this means is that customer 'A' cannot share software that he purchases with customer 'B'. By contrast, the Viking GUI will allow you to share customer drivers/presets with any of your friends, so long as they own the same controller (For example, an Odin's Raven customer won't be able to share his preset with a friend who owns a Tyr's Hand, because the two hardware are incompatible).

While their software looks 'shiny', there's no doubt in my mind that functionally the Viking GUI is going to offer customers more options and more choices at less total owning cost. The GamerModz software does not appear to actually allow the customer to customize any of their options. Does this mean that the customers' only option is to purchase additional .hex codes from that shop?

odingalt

Staff member
So the feedback I am getting is that our flashing utility isn't 'pretty' enough. It took me about... oh... 45 minutes. Here's a beta version of a tool that would replace the old ugly hidbootloader.exe tool. (In reality it's just a recompiled version that is 'prettier').

I'm going to post a copy over in the Viking GUI forums, saunter over there if you'd like to comment on it. I'd like to keep this particular thread focused on chatting about the new gamermodz release.

Thanks much, E

(attachment moved to post viewtopic.php?f=36&t=673)

GAMERMODZoCOM

Cheap? lol, using open source freeware given out by the microcontroller company to make it simple on programmers seems a little ....... Then just using their bootloader software without any initiative to customize it? What is that?

Our bootloader is NOT open source (like HIDBootloader) and was custom made along with the software, and our backend serial and encryption admin software.

We are the first to release USB reprogrammable mods that support not only serials but also encryption. That's a first!

Yes, we have been doing this longer than other company, fact!

We have had this in development for a long time, way before looking for a person to write custom software for us. You can find a blog by hellrazzors from a year ago or better when they interviewed us.

Everything we state on our site is the truth. We have even seen on these forums users wanting the halo 3 mods. Viking was unable to create them just like everyone else (http://viking360.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... ermodz#p60).

In about 2 - 3 months you will see a product from us that no one ever thought possible. Prototypes have been done since November 09, we are just waiting on production runs. This will be a big "Game Over" for every other mod company.

No offense Viking, you all have done a great job establishing yourself. Better than any other mod company/person that has decided to enter the market and we have nothing against you. We think you offer a good product and we respect that.

Ben

What is it with other site's joining this forum?!

Anyways it's good to hear your side of the story Gamermodz, I am looking forward to seeing what this great product you have lined up is ;)

Also a little friendly competition between 2 companies is always good, and inevitable, it was going to happen sometime..

GAMERMODZoCOM

By the way, I just found this post and must say, it's nice to see someone else in this market be honest besides us.

Really, feature-wise, such as fast reload, jitter mod or plain old rapidfire... most of the 'name brand' shops actually have the same features. We've got the same features as evil or silent or gamermodz. The reason most shops are really all running the same types of modes or speeds, is that there's a natural limit built into each game... what I mean to say, is that fast reload can only get so fast, due to the game code itself. The same goes for most exploits/glitches.

I would steer clear from the E-Bay 'bargain basement' rapidfire controllers that are $70 or less, often those controllers only have rapidfire and no special features, and even then sometimes those bargain controllers are using open source rapidfire code that is not quite as fast as the 'name brand' shops.

The only thing that sets us apart is the USB upgradability. This just saves you money in the long run. When a new glitch or feature is found (sometimes it's found here at Viking, but usually it's found by somebody else and reported here via a youtube video link), we do our best to get that glitch or new feature programmed into a new Driver so you can enjoy it for free.

Same goes if there is an XBOX Live patch that comes out and tries to defeat rapidfire controllers. We do our best to bypass any XBOX Live patches and get those updated Drivers pushed out to our customers through our website. Other mod shops are simply lying when they claim '100% undetectable stealth!'. There is no such thing; this was proved with all the COD XBOX Live patches that came out in 2009.

No other mod shop can push the updates out to you for free. Some mod shops may offer you chip-swaps/chip upgrades, but you have to mail in your controller, and there is usually a $fee$ associated with that modchip swap.

That's about it. Someday I keep thinking that someone will release a new super-duper-mega-controller that squashes Viking in it's place - this is a competetive market - but so far we're doing o.k.

That super-duper-mega controller is on it's way but with honesty to your customer like your above quote, i think you will be ok.

GAMERMODZoCOM

Ben. said:
What is it with other site's joining this forum?!

Anyways it's good to hear your side of the story Gamermodz, I am looking forward to seeing what this great product you have lined up is ;)

Also a little friendly competition between 2 companies is always good, and inevitable, it was going to happen sometime..

Without competition, products and quality would never evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.