Gamermodz released a USB-Programmable controller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristianz1

GAMERMODZoCOM said:
Cheap? lol, using open source freeware given out by the microcontroller company to make it simple on programmers seems a little ....... Then just using their bootloader software without any initiative to customize it? What is that?

Our bootloader is NOT open source (like HIDBootloader) and was custom made along with the software, and our backend serial and encryption admin software.

We are the first to release USB reprogrammable mods that support not only serials but also encryption. That's a first!

Yes, we have been doing this longer than other company, fact!

We have had this in development for a long time, way before looking for a person to write custom software for us. You can find a blog by hellrazzors from a year ago or better when they interviewed us.

Everything we state on our site is the truth. We have even seen on these forums users wanting the halo 3 mods. Viking was unable to create them just like everyone else (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22&p=60&hilit=gamermodz#p60).

In about 2 - 3 months you will see a product from us that no one ever thought possible. Prototypes have been done since November 09, we are just waiting on production runs. This will be a big "Game Over" for every other mod company.

No offense Viking, you all have done a great job establishing yourself. Better than any other mod company/person that has decided to enter the market and we have nothing against you. We think you offer a good product and we respect that.

So in easy words: what do your company offer that Viking360 do not?

And you write: Then just using their bootloader software without any initiative to customize it? wrong! Did you notice the new software coming out from here in a few days: Customize is there the key word! But on the other site, i think it is great with competition, makes this producy even better!

viking360fan

lets start a flame war !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gamermodz what do you have that is so superior to viking360 they look the same to me honstly and thats from a customers viewpoint of viking and ive ben sponsered and everything only difference that u dont have is gui and you charge for codes if im missing anythen please let me know thanks

GAMERMODZoCOM

We offer full mods for one, especially for Halo 3. We sell kits for every product that work on ANY version of the xbox circuit board, and allow customers to send in ANY version of the xbox circuit board for modificaiton. We also have a shit load of accessories :)

PS3andCOD, we have had PS3 mods for a long time and waaaaaaaaaaaaay before Evil. Ours are "Trigger Rapid Fire" version and you can select if you want R1 or R2 to be rapid since the firing trigger varies game to game on the PS3. We already have a reprogrammable PS3, just not released yet because we are having circuit boards manufactured that better "fit" inside the controller. The less room is has to move, the better chance it has surviving a drop (which we all do and sometimes we even THROW it).

Look, I am not in here trying to promote business or convience customers to purchase from us. Just by answering that question about the PS3 made me feel like an asshole.

If you are interested in our products, you know who we are, everyone does. You can go to our site and see what we have. You will not see what's in development because you can't get a jump on the competition publishing that.

If you have other questions pertaining to how we do business or other products and NOT to do with "who's got the better product, Viking or you", I will answer them. I didn't come in here to get in to a "who is better battle". It's petty and we don't do business that way. I only came in to correct an assumption about the new Alpha mod and software we released.

obo

interesting that you should say that. I honestly havnt seen many ps3 rapidfire controllers on the market

kristianz1

GAMERMODZoCOM said:
We offer full mods for one, especially for Halo 3. We sell kits for every product that work on ANY version of the xbox circuit board, and allow customers to send in ANY version of the xbox circuit board for modificaiton. We also have a shit load of accessories :)

PS3andCOD, we have had PS3 mods for a long time and waaaaaaaaaaaaay before Evil. Ours are "Trigger Rapid Fire" version and you can select if you want R1 or R2 to be rapid since the firing trigger varies game to game on the PS3. We already have a reprogrammable PS3, just not released yet because we are having circuit boards manufactured that better "fit" inside the controller. The less room is has to move, the better chance it has surviving a drop (which we all do and sometimes we even THROW it).

Look, I am not in here trying to promote business or convience customers to purchase from us. Just by answering that question about the PS3 made me feel like an asshole.

If you are interested in our products, you know who we are, everyone does. You can go to our site and see what we have. You will not see what's in development because you can't get a jump on the competition publishing that.

If you have other questions pertaining to how we do business or other products and NOT to do with "who's got the better product, Viking or you", I will answer them. I didn't come in here to get in to a "who is better battle". It's petty and we don't do business that way. I only came in to correct an assumption about the new Alpha mod and software we released.

Nothing wrong with that man, good with competition too bring controllers too new heights!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
No, that's an idea on how to make a PS3 mod with every button used, just like viking has. Check it out, if it would work, it would revolutionize PS3 mods. Any button could be held down to make rapidfire. If I'm right, things would be made possible that are curently impossble. You could remap buttons, make x be triangle, make L1 be square, whatever you want! It could even be sold as a southpaw mod, it would be so much simpler then those tutorials on the net. The only thing it couldn't do would be anything with the analog sticks.

GAMERMODZoCOM

PS3andCOD, that's exactly what we have done just haven't released it. Also, there is like 6 different versions of the ps3 circuit board. Some versions like the one you posted and image of use a standard connector but the others use a connector that is held down by pressure. We have a better way than that to get it to do just about anything we want.

GAMERMODZoCOM

Wow, our description for our ps3 mods has disappeared! Grrrr, thanks for telling me. No one else has mentioned it. Probably because it happened last need with the latest update.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Alright, if you actually have made something simular to what I've been talking about, I want one. How much is it going to be, and when does it come out? And yeah, your right about the connector, but all sixaxis controllers have that connector, so you would just have to buy one of those to be sure. But my idea more or less actually works? I wasn't sure that it would work, and I had no way to test it. How long have you been working on this? I thought it up all by my self in about August of last year, but I don't know enough about PIC's to make it myself.

GAMERMODZoCOM

It sort of works the way you though. Keep in mind that there are many ways to do communication with electronics including watching for button presses. The reason no company (except us) can anything but rapid fire on xbox matrix version controllers is because it uses an actual signal scheme (matrix). To do what you are talking about, and what we have done, you have to replicate the signal and communicate directly with their microcontroller.

The reason everyone can do full mods on the CG version controller is because all you have to do is bring the button the ground to make the button press.

This process of communicating directly with ps3's microcontroller is exactly what we do and why you can change which button you want to rapid fire on the current ps3 mod

yea, that is the right price for a send in service

IrishStyle

Alright I don't mind the discussion about gamermodz new mod and Viking's product. But I think we are getting off topic with the PS3 mod talk. I understand PS3 you have been chomping at the bit to get USB rapid fire but I think you and gamermodz should talk about this somewhere else. I understand gamermodz is answering your questions but its borderline solicitiation, no blame to either of you. I hope you understand what i am trying to say.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Sorry. Could you explain what solicitiation is, so I don't do it again? For some reason I'm not really sure what that means... I joined the forum at gamermodz, PS3andCOD again, please update me there.

Status
Not open for further replies.