Interchangeable button/switch "blade" system for next gen video game controllers

odingalt

Staff member
Inching my way along. Tasks left to complete:

-Assemble more blades so we can have all the varieties available for sale at the same time
-Finish hand assembling the bases
-Updated modchip software for Ragnarok is in progress, needs more thorough testing
-Updated modchip software for "Pro Remap" has been tested by me, seems to be working good
-Updated modchip software for Berserker isn't done, needs to be rolled in with some other needed firmware updates
-Program modchips with final software and build some kits

We'll probably have the "Pro Remap" kit for sale first, follwed by the Ragnarok shortly after that, and Berserker will be last to release due to the complexity of the firmware for that controller (sorry Berserker owners).

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I'm sure soon as these new controllers hit the market there will be plenty of pics of the new boards. Hopefully RDC gets one and can scan the boards for everyone!!!

odingalt

Staff member
Tasks left to complete:

-Updated modchip software for Ragnarok is in progress, needs more thorough testing
-Updated modchip software for Berserker isn't done, needs to be rolled in with some other needed firmware updates

We'll probably have the "Pro Remap" kit for sale by this weekend. Tomorrow we will be bagging some "Pro Remap" kits and listing them on the website.

Freyja

Staff member
Built my first controller with the paddles today, got to play with them (not installed) for the first time yesterday. I love them and can hardly wait for you guys to get your hands on them. They're like the old ones, but way sleeker and more satisfying. To me they feel more like an extension of the controller vs something we slapped on the back. The click is easy, smooth and sounds so nice.
Get keen people, they're about to come your way!

bonefisher

Built my first controller with the paddles today, got to play with them (not installed) for the first time yesterday. I love them and can hardly wait for you guys to get your hands on them. They're like the old ones, but way sleeker and more satisfying. To me they feel more like an extension of the controller vs something we slapped on the back. The click is easy, smooth and sounds so nice.
Get keen people, they're about to come your way!
I'm ready and want all kinds of blades to try! PS. Hope it was a Berserker build....

odingalt

Staff member
Morinzo we are inches away... I had to make some unplanned website improvements (layout changes) to better accomodate the selling of cheater controllers, non-cheat/pro controllers, and kits. I also need to do a final final test on this firmware for the "Pro Remap" kit, and then get that production firmware formally issued down to the shop so they can reprogram modchip kits when we get orders.

Very very very close!

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I made this image to better show how it all plugs in together.

Basically, the modchip only has one port on it. If you purchase and install more than one add-on, then you'll also need to buy the mod port expander.

You won't need solder, soldering iron, nor 30 AWG wire, unless you are installing the four traditional tac switches that come with the "Pro Remap Kit". *Correction: You need the soldering iron to remove the old stock guide button, if you are doing the guide button LED mod.

pro-remap-kit-pieces-mq.jpg