New Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynx

Ok so I put the new update in my controller and now I am having an issue running in MoH by clicking the LEFT thumbstick. Clicking the LEFT thumbstick still works in for holding ur breath in the game.

Edit: Changed it to left thumbstick, that was my error

Edit 2: I cannot move the thumbstick up in the menu's of that game either, however I can walk perfectly fine.

Edit 3: The same thing happened with version 8.2 and 8.2.2

odingalt

Staff member
Lynx,

If I understand you correctly you can't use the left thumbstick to navigate 'up' in the menus in MoH? Are you saying this specifically affects MoH or all games?

This is with a certain .VKM installed or even with a blank macro set loaded on the controller?

Lynx

Multiplayer:

I cannot scroll up in the menu's
I cannot sprint
I can hold my breath fine while sniping

Singleplayer:

I can do both perfectly

I dont know how to make my controller have no mods on it lol. When I go to sync in with nothing on it puts the other mods back on.

odingalt

Staff member
That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard of, the controller would have no way of knowing if the game is in multiplayer or singleplayer, I would expect a problem like this to plague you on all of the menus on all games and the xbox 360 dashboard, not just the multiplayer menus of MoH ???

LoveKillzSlowly

It runs two separate engines for Singleplayer and Multiplayer (made by two different developers). Some controls in singleplayer are different in multiplayer.

odingalt

Staff member
Next time it doesn't allow you to use the left thumbstick, is there any way you acn test the left thumbstick like for sending a text message, so you can hit up/down/left/right and also press in the left thumbstick to select CAPS and such?

Lynx

Its the weirdest thing ever lol... I thought it was my controller... but it works fine in every other game and the single player.

LoveKillzSlowly

Read above!

I had this problem too with a regular controller. It like sometimes doesn't want to scroll up/down on the menu. I had to use the dpad. it's the game it has nothing to do with the controller. You have to treat singleplayer and multiplayer like two different games because technically it is.

odingalt

Staff member
Stupid question, there's no way this would actually be a bug with the game itself?

Do you have an unmodded controller you can try?

Lynx

odingalt said:
Next time it doesn't allow you to use the left thumbstick, is there any way you acn test the left thumbstick like for sending a text message, so you can hit up/down/left/right and also press in the left thumbstick to select CAPS and such?

Just tried it, I can type and text fine even while im in the multiplayer menu. However I cannot move up in the menu lol.

Lynx

odingalt said:
Stupid question, there's no way this would actually be a bug with the game itself?

Do you have an unmodded controller you can try?

I was playing fine with an unmodded controller since I got the game a few days ago. I got in monday form my guy who owns a game store :)

LoveKillzSlowly

Is this happening to you in the main menu or during a match? When you're waiting in the respawn menu and try to press up or down it won't scroll because it freezes for a few seconds after that it'll let you scroll up/down just make sure you're pressing straight up or down and not slanted. Use the d-pad, much easier.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Is this happening to you in the main menu or during a match? When you're waiting in the respawn menu and try to press up or down it won't scroll because it freezes for a few seconds after that it'll let you scroll up/down just make sure you're pressing straight up or down and not slanted. Use the d-pad, much easier.

Anything that has to do with the multiplayer aspect of the game. I cant scroll up in the menus before the game, when switching classes, and I cant sprint during the game. Yet I can click the trigger perfectly fine to hold breath while sniping lol.

LoveKillzSlowly

Okay i am testing it out while I type this and you aren't the only one. This is also happening to me during the menu. You have to press it STRAIGHT UP, try it now just keep pressing up until it eventually goes up. Btw I am using a REGULAR controller, It's a brand new controller. I'll try it on my old controller.

EDIT:

Weird it's not doing it on my old controller. I have a brand-new new style controller and it's weird that it's doing that.

Lynx

I had no issues using my non modded controller. However my controller is old. Try your Viking and see what happens.

LoveKillzSlowly

It has nothing to do with the viking, it's the poor quality of the new controllers. I don't get my viking controller until tomorrow.

440x330-xbox_360_controller.jpg

Lynx

If it were the poor quality of the new controllers wouldnt it make sense that it wouldnt work for any games or at least not work in the singleplayer aspect of the game.

LoveKillzSlowly

Well the single player is different from the multiplayer. When I first got the new controller the other day I was having problems with the analog sticks moving by itself in MW2. When I hopped on MOH it was worse due to the games sensitivity. Some games are more sensitive than other games. In MOH it would move left and down on the left analog and on the right it would move left on it's own.. This is why I say the new controllers for some odd reason seem to be of poor quality. Go back on MOH and try pressing the analog stick up from the bottom of the thumbstick. As you can see it goes up but when you press it from the upper tip of the thumbstick it doesn't go up.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Well the single player is different from the multiplayer. When I first got the new controller the other day I was having problems with the analog sticks moving by itself in MW2. When I hopped on MOH it was worse due to the games sensitivity. Some games are more sensitive than other games. In MOH it would move left and down on the left analog and on the right it would move left on it's own.. This is why I say the new controllers for some odd reason seem to be of poor quality. Go back on MOH and try pressing the analog stick up from the bottom of the thumbstick. As you can see it goes up but when you press it from the upper tip of the thumbstick it doesn't go up.

I got nothing lol....

LoveKillzSlowly

i am going to open this controller right now to see what the f--k is wrong with these new controllers since I'm going to exchange it tomorrow anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.