New Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveKillzSlowly

I did mention it when I opened the support ticket TWICE. Here is exactly what I said.

So I got my controller yesterday and i am already having issues with it. On the right analog on my controller if I slightly move the joysticks to the lower right you can notice my guy in MW2 starts moving on its own if i let go of the joysticks(hardware defect). This is annoying especially when I am recording a macro since it does show up.

The right trigger was getting stuck and I first noticed it in Mortal Kombat and when I started recording macros, I noticed it was recording RT when I didn't even press RT. so I loosen up one of the screws and that somewhat seemed to fix my problem but the controller does need to be put back together properly my because it looks like something is pinching the RT.

The Dpad also needs to be readjusted because when I press down on the Dpad it seems to hit the plastic and not the rubber so it doesn't always register the down button.

I am hoping you guys can replace the right joystick & right trigger mechanism or better yet replace the whole controller and actually test out the controller in gameplay and while recording to make sure none of the buttons are defective, stuck or moving on it's own before shipping it out to me. Would also like if you guys can test out the chip that is in my controller since I seem to be having a issue with macros on the left triggers. Let me know what you can do for me, thanks.

I haven't opened it, warranty sticker is still there. There also seems to be a problem with the chip/controller since I can not assign any of the macros on my left trigger. "Odingalt" seems to think it might be a hardware issue. I want to send it in for repairs. I am going to attach a paper and will label everything with tape so you guys know exactly where the problems are.

1)Having issues w/ left trigger whenever I assign rapidfire/akimbo.
2)Right analog moves on it's own.
3)The right trigger sometimes gets stuck and is noticeable in certain games.
4) tac #2 has a bigger hole than the rest of the other tacs and the button can easily get pressed because I can push the button from the side instead of directly on top and since the hole is bigger it doesn't hit the wall like the other tacs. Don't know if this is something you can replaced but if not I have a brand new backing that I can send along with the controller so the holes can be redone on the new backing.
5)The rubber underneath the D-pad needs to be readjusted.

These are the only things I am having problems with, I really feel like my controller was rushed. Here's my e-mail denny****@gmail.com so you can send the pre-paid shipping label.

I'm not angry at all and I wouldn't have mind at all if you kept it over the weekend. The thing is you have to understand with my controller is that everything might have looked like it was in the right spot or adjusted properly but when I actually played with the controller I notice all these things. I have like 7 different controllers, some modded and some not and I should know by now how a controller is suppose to feel. I also know how to open and put one back together properly. I will test it out when I get it to see if you guys fixed my other problems. If not then I will make a video of everything so I can show you exactly what I was talking about. I did put 5 pieces of tape on the controller pointing to the issues.

There's also this. viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2016&p=17604&hilit=hardware+issue&sid=20e5750efacfa839004eb11288c2538e#p17604

If I do end up having to send it back that's like almost $100 shipping it back and forth.

odingalt

Staff member
Dammit, why didn't anybody check the support ticket system lol! I must've thrown off my wife by telling her "hey I looked this guy's problems up in the forum, here's the list" so she trusted that I knew what I was talking about, I didn't check the ticket system (which is my own cardinal rule) I dropped the ball on this one!!! I guess we got baffled when we weren't seeing the problems you had listed, I grabbed that post where you listed the numbered problems 1-5.

You list it as #1 problem. This is exactly the post I was reading off to my wife off the computer today. Have absolutely no idea not seeing #1.

LoveKillzSlowly wrote:
I just sent them a message requesting a shipping label since there is so much things wrong with this controller. If I keep this controller any longer i am going to find more problems with it. lol

1)Having issues w/ left trigger whenever I assign rapidfire/akimbo.
2)Right analog moves on it's own.
3)The right trigger sometimes gets stuck and is noticeable in certain games.
4) tac #2 has a bigger hole than the rest of the other tacs and the button can easily get pressed because I can push the button from the side instead of directly on top and since the hole is bigger it doesn't hit the wall like the other tacs.
5)The rubber underneath the D-pad needs to be readjusted.

My controller feels like it was rushed out.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because they were behind schedule at the time.

Though I'm still confused as hell about all the other problems, everything was was sparkly new on this controller and functioning like every controller I've ever used. You may own 7 controllers, but we've modded around 3,000, I've modded over a thousand personally, so I know how these things are supposed to feel, too.

Where is the emoticon of the smiley face pulling out a revolver and a single bullet...

(Did we not send you a prepaid shipping label the first go around? We should've fit the bill for shipping both ways)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Dammit, why didn't anybody check the support ticket system lol! I must've thrown off my wife by telling her "hey I looked this guy's problems up in the forum, here's the list" so she trusted that I knew what I was talking about, I didn't check the ticket system (which is my own cardinal rule) I dropped the ball on this one!!! I guess we got baffled when we weren't seeing the problems you had listed, I grabbed that post where you listed the numbered problems 1-5.

Though I'm still confused as hell about all the other problems, everything was was sparkly new on this controller and functioning like every controller I've ever used. You may own 7 controllers, but we've modded around 3,000, I've modded over a thousand personally, so I know how these things are supposed to feel, too.

Where is the emoticon of the smiley face pulling out a revolver and a single bullet...

(Did we not send you a prepaid shipping label the first go around? We should've fit the bill for shipping both ways)
its ok E no need to beat yourself up over a honest mistake....im sure lovekillzslowly isn't that mad at you either........i could be wrong :?

odingalt

Staff member
I just hate the weekend it's like you have to sit here all weekend and wait for UPS to delivery - that's why I liked the USPS personally, customers all bitched and moaned and cried about how terrible the USPS was but honestly, they delivered faster and cheaper than every other carrier.

The problem with USPS was tracking - you wouldn't know which day it showed up - but honestly who cares when they delivered in 2 days 50%+ of the time, and on weekends they were amazing, I don't know how many times I sent a package in the mail on Saturday and the customer got it the following Monday... good luck with UPS, even if your package reaches the destination city early, they will specifically hold the package until the pre-determined delivery day... weekends? Forget about it...

LoveKillzSlowly

lol no I'm not mad at all. I just want to make sure it is functioning 100% when I get it. I want to use the controller on games that people here don't normally play. If I wasn't having problems with the left trigger I would have soldered it onto another brand new controller, honestly.

odingalt

Staff member
Well screw me - when you get it back just stick with the ticket system lol. When I get in the way of my employees it seems I drop the ball.

Mostly I do the software, forums, some of the tech support tickets (more questions on the software less on the hardware), and any serious soldering/touchup like reworking the 64-pin QFN CPU on the modchip etc, or troubleshooting any modchips that fail the testing during assembly. I do very few actual installs if any anymore.

LoveKillzSlowly

Now that I think about it I should have just NEVER even pre-ordered the controller(pre-orders helps the company out not me) and I should have waited 'till the week of Nov. 9th to order the new silver controller. By the time I get to actually use my controller it won't be 'till Nov. 8th. I've only had it for less than 2 days and it sucks that when I get it back on Wednesday I am going to have to send it back out AGAIN.. a month without the controller. It's going to cost them in total around $100 to keep shipping back and forth, which obviously I don't have to pay for. I should get like a warranty extension or something honestly.

At this point I'm just like screw it I should just sell it to someone here who wants to buy it for $200 using paypal since some people here don't want to pay using a credit card and they will still get the 2 months warranty i have left on it.

LoveKillzSlowly

Funny thing is I even called it out too before I sent it out when I was having issues with the controller.

I don't think I am going to go through the hassle of shipping it out and then having to wait 2-3 weeks.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Now that I think about it I should have just NEVER even pre-ordered the controller(pre-orders helps the company out not me) and I should have waited 'till the week of Nov. 9th to order the new silver controller. By the time I get to actually use my controller it won't be 'till Nov. 8th. I've only had it for less than 2 days and it sucks that when I get it back on Wednesday I am going to have to send it back out AGAIN.. a month without the controller. It's going to cost them in total around $100 to keep shipping back and forth, which obviously I don't have to pay for. I should get like a warranty extension or something honestly.

At this point I'm just like screw it I should just sell it to someone here who wants to buy it for $200 using paypal since some people here don't want to pay using a credit card and they will still get the 2 months warranty i have left on it.

Nothing against Viking but I should have waited also. Great company but the product is too new. Plus I want the new controller also lol.

Lynx

Ya I agree, I am gonna buy a legacy chip off foundmy.com and put it in a controller until these bugs get worked out I think.

modded matt

the new chip was relesed under distrss and was basically demanded by you (the users) It was allways stated that the software behind the chip was and is still in development. If you read through the viking 360 main page you would have known this info, and you would know not to expect a completly functioning GUI unto a 9.xxxx release.

If any of you are real die hard viking fans, you can remember june 2009 when the first purple chip was released. I am not sure the exact number but I would assume a hundred or so chips were sent out that had a defective cyistal from the maunfacturer. ALL of these chips were replaced at no cost.

The one constant thing in these times of trials is that viking will make good on your order and only has the customer in mind.

Fredrow

[color=#FF0000 said:
odingalt[/color]] I just hate the weekend it's like you have to sit here all weekend and wait for UPS to delivery - that's why I liked the USPS personally, customers all complain and moaned and cried about how terrible the USPS was but honestly, they delivered faster and cheaper than every other carrier.

The problem with USPS was tracking - you wouldn't know which day it showed up - but honestly who cares when they delivered in 2 days 50%+ of the time, and on weekends they were amazing, I don't know how many times I sent a package in the mail on Saturday and the customer got it the following Monday... good luck with UPS, even if your package reaches the destination city early, they will specifically hold the package until the pre-determined delivery day... weekends? Forget about it...

I gotta call you out on this one E, I remember so many times of you saying how much you disliked USPS because they were slow and they always lost packages and how much UPS was better. I always stood up for USPS because I know some inside information about USPS that proves they are better than both UPS and FedEx. But now that you have committed all your chips in with UPS, you have found out why they do not stand up compared to USPS. Another thing I found out about USPS that would have helped out with getting the tracking information more accurate and into USPS system faster, when printing your labels out online, at the same time you can print out a scan-form which is "Shipment Confirmation Acceptance Notice," and you just hand that to the peeps at the Post Office or to the Post-Man when he comes and picks up the packages, he scans the paper right thurr and BOOM, your package is in the system faster, which then it seems like they move it faster once they know that you know it's been scanned into the system. Like some Black Magic s.h.i.t.

LoveKillzSlowly

odingalt said:
I just hate the weekend it's like you have to sit here all weekend and wait for UPS to delivery - that's why I liked the USPS personally, customers all complain and moaned and cried about how terrible the USPS was but honestly, they delivered faster and cheaper than every other carrier.

Usually that's the case but I must have gotten lucky today because I am getting package today instead of tomorrow. Scheduled Delivery Date was updated. :)

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/proc ... 1290350478

LoveKillzSlowly

So I tested it out and everything seems to be a little better even though it's something I could have easily just done myself. The dpad is better but if I move the whole dpad down you can hear it hitting the plastic so I just have to move it back up, honestly I can careless about the stupid dpad right now. The right analog stick still moves on its own, which is a disappointment but f--k it. The right trigger no longer gets stuck so I am happy about that.

The biggest problem I am still having is the fact that the left trigger is f--ked up and I'm sure it has something to do with the modchip since whenever I try to toggle left trigger it stays stuck scoping in MW2 and when I press x to reload, it will shoot 1 bullet right after, it doesn't do rapidfire like on the right trigger. I have to remove the battery for the left trigger to stop scoping. This is the main reason why I haven't open my controller yet.

Also where is the back halve i included with my controller!? it wasn't in the package, i was expecting to get that back. Well I'm sending the controller for repairs AGAIN so you guys can also send that back with my controller.
I don't have time to mess with this controller right now, I'm starting to get pretty frustrated and starting to lose interest of this controller, I opened a support ticket so i can send it back today.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
So I tested it out and everything seems to be a little better even though it's something I could have easily just done myself. The dpad is better but if I move the whole dpad down you can hear it hitting the plastic so I just have to move it back up, honestly I can careless about the stupid dpad right now. The right analog stick still moves on its own, which is a disappointment but f--k it. The right trigger no longer gets stuck so I am happy about that.

The biggest problem I am still having is the fact that the left trigger is f--ked up and I'm sure it has something to do with the modchip since whenever I try to toggle left trigger it stays stuck scoping in MW2 and when I press x to reload, it will shoot 1 bullet right after, it doesn't do rapidfire like on the right trigger. I have to remove the battery for the left trigger to stop scoping. This is the main reason why I haven't open my controller myself.

Also where is the back halve i included with my controller!? it wasn't in the package, i was expecting to get that back. Well I'm sending the controller for repairs AGAIN so you guys can also send that back with my controller.
I don't have time to mess with this controller right now, I'm starting to get pretty frustrated and starting to lose interest of this controller, I opened a support ticket so i can send it back today.

Oh man I am in the same boat. Remember when I was having all those issues with my controller? Well that hole time I never put any macro's on the controller. Last night I decided to put some on it, well the tac switches on the front dont work at all and the tac switch on the lower left doesnt work. They are all connected so it must be an issue with the mod chip itself. I am also getting frustrated with this controller. I am gonna wind up buying a legacy chip and putting it in a controller or find somebody who is selling an Odin.

odingalt

Staff member
What bugs? I keep hearing about all these bugs? The bugs are gone boys. If you are still having bugs, post them here please. I've been happily playing with my macro controller for the past 2 weeks with no problems.

I think what you guys call 'bugs' are not bugs... it's you guys complaining that the controller can't give your in-game character jet packs... c'mon.

Lynx, you never should have opened that controller man we put that warranty void sticker on there for a reason :D

Lynx

odingalt said:
What bugs? I keep hearing about all these bugs? The bugs are gone boys. If you are still having bugs, post them here please. I've been happily playing with my macro controller for the past 2 weeks with no problems.

I think what you guys call 'bugs' are not bugs... it's you guys complaining that the controller can't give your in-game character jet packs... c'mon.

Lynx, you never should have opened that controller man we put that warranty void sticker on there for a reason :D

Ya I know that now. This allll started because the controllers thumbsticks didnt properly move. The minute that happened I should have sent this baby in. All I did to the controller was re-solder some of the connections on the tac switches on the back. Those work perfectly now.

KIL0 iRecon

Is there an update coming soon that will let me see the whole program on my screen? I have changed resolutions and nothing helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.