New Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynx

I opened my Viking to look and I couldnt find anything. Looking back on it now that may have not been the smartest move but I am 99% certain the controller itself is fine since it worked on every other game I tried including the single player version of this game.

Lynx

Ok I am gonna hop off of this for the night, gonna go watch some TV with the wife. If anybody finds anything out on this please let me know on here or a PM :)

LoveKillzSlowly

I am 2 seconds away from smashing this controller on the floor, I really hope my viking won't have this problem when I get it tomorrow.

EDIT: I opened up the controller and I can confirm that my (non-modded)controller is defected, I doubt it has anything to do with the viking, I'll find out tomorrow. I tried it without the top halve and it worked in MOH. So I am 110% that the analog sticks are defected on my controller. I know I didn't have any problems with other games but like I said before other games are more sensitive than others. When I mean sensitive I mean in some games if you slightly move the analog stick your character will move whilst other games require a little bit more push. This is why your other games were working fine and I keep telling you that single player and multiplayer is not the same so you have to start your macros from scratch if you want them to work on multiplayer. It's like making macros for MW2 and then trying to play them on Bad Company, It's just not going to work because they are on a different engine. http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/201 ... -engines/1

Lynx

Ya I get they are using two different engines but it just doesnt make sense. My sticks are not defective, or like I said I am 99% sure of that. That is why I took my controller apart to take a look to see if anything was wrong. Every other controller I used in the game worked fine thats why I am thinking the chip and game arent communicating right. I dont know how to make my controller have 0 mods on it. Everytime I delete the mods and sync the mods are back on. SO I cant test it with a wiped controller either. If my controller is defective I guesss I f'ed myself over by opening it to investigate the situation :?

Can you try that controller on Bad Company 2? I traded mine on so I cant, but that has the same frostbite engine for the online portion.

LoveKillzSlowly

I just tried it and my controller is fine in Bad Company 2, it is smoother to scroll in menu than it is in MOH. So out of frustration I decided to slam the front of my controller on the floor so I could push down on the analog sticks and that seemed to have fixed the issue. lol I'm returning this controller to the store anyways.

If you decide to open your controller again try to operate your controller without the front halve like this.
xbox-autopsy-1.jpg

If you can move up in MOH's menu without the top halve than there is something wrong with the analog sticks. I tried using another controller case to see if that was the problem and it wasn't. If you want try pushing down the left stick in really hard and keep rotating it in circle, that should fix your analog sticks. Just be careful about it. I feel like new controllers might need to be "broken in"

Lynx

Ok I will try that when I get home from work this evening. It may be a little more difficult for me to operate it with the top half off due to the tac switches on the front. I tried xbox sticks and playstation sticks also both seem to have the same issue. But I will take to do it with no sticks on and see what happens :) I am anxious to see if your Viking does it too or if I am the only one. If I am I think I will be paying for a repair or a new controller since I opened it up lol :?

LoveKillzSlowly

If my viking does this to me then i am going to go out today and buy 2(black) new style controllers and 2(black) old style controllers and see if this is a common problem.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
If my viking does this to me then i am going to go out today and buy 2(black) new style controllers and 2(black) old style controllers and see if this is a common problem.

Ok keep me posted on this. If your viking does it and the others do not than its a software problem (which i hope it is lol)

TDuB

these exaxt same things that which lynx is reporting happened to me in the beta [ im not saying this is not a software problem in the viking but that it is a common occurance] off XBL marketplace via beta code. I was using a stock white controller.

Lynx

TDuB said:
these exaxt same things that which lynx is reporting happened to me in the beta [ im not saying this is not a software problem in the viking but that it is a common occurance] off XBL marketplace via beta code. I was using a stock white controller.

Hmmm I am going to check out the Medal Of Honor forums now. I dont get why this is happening to me :( On monday and tuesday the game worked great, now not so much lol.

Lynx

Ok so I guess there are a select few people that are having an issue with this game. Some are having issues with the right thumbstick, and others are having issues with the left. Like my issues their controllers work perfectly in the singleplayer mode. I am going to call EA when I leave work and figure this out. I am also going to try to play the game on my other xbox to see if for some reason that resolves the issue.

LoveKillzSlowly

Good news for me bad news for you. There is something definitely wrong with your controller because it works perfect with my viking. So you need to get your joysticks fixed because It isn't the game or the viking. My controller is 100% good quality not like that piece of s--t controller I bought the other day.

LoveKillzSlowly

Just f-ing great, well when I was playing MW2 I noticed my RT was acting kinda weird when tapping the RT to shoot the FAL.
When I started recording macros, I noticed it was recording RT when I didn't even press RT.
Now when I go into Mortal Kombat the dude stays blocking (RT is to block) It's like the RT is stuck and I have to wiggle the RT from getting stuck, but right when I touch it, it gets stuck again. Now I have to send the controller back to get it repaired or exchanged. I have a feeling it's a wire or something that's getting in the way. Something I can easily do but I rather not void my warranty. FML -_________- With my luck I'll get it fixed and then have another problem with it when i get it back..

LoveKillzSlowly

UPDATE: I loosen the one screw under the right trigger and that fixed my problem. It looked like whoever put together my controller didn't do a good job because it seems like there is no room inside my controller and needs to be open again, readjusted and put back together. Another thing is when I press the dpad down it feels like it is hitting the plastic not the rubber and because of this it doesn't always register down on dpad, this can easily be fixed by readjusting the rubber inside. I am so tempted to open it and properly readjust everything, but I can live with it for now since I rather not void my warranty.

odingalt

Staff member
Don't open it!

If you think it needs repaired, open up a support ticket so they can issue an RMA and get it back in the shop to make the proper repairs.

E

LoveKillzSlowly

This is what I mean by I feel like there is no room.
dcvacn.jpg

I don't think I am going to go through the hassle of shipping it out and then having to wait 2-3 weeks. Since it's such a minor problem and nothing actually needs to be repaired it just needs to be adjusted.

odingalt

Staff member
Well keep us in mind, we're only a support ticket away, and can usually turn it around in 7 days, shipping is the longest part but they are pretty responsive in the shop, and things are usually pretty darn slow in October so there should be no problem getting right on top of it when it gets here!

Don't wait until November/December because repair time gets longer as they'll be busy trying to fill orders once the holiday madness hits. Now is the time! :D

E

LoveKillzSlowly

Lynx, did you ever fix your left analog stick? I don't know if this will work for you but have you tried loosening the upper left screw. Try that and let me know if it works.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Lynx, did you ever fix your left analog stick? I don't know if this will work for you but have you tried loosening the upper left screw. Try that and let me know if it works.

Ya I fixed it, the sticks that came with the controller were bad I switched them out and it works fine... but now the mod doesnt work. I pm'd Odin about how much its gonna cost to get fixed but now he stopped pm'ing me so who knows. If I dont hear from him shortly I think I am just gonna solder them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.