New Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveKillzSlowly

The sticks were bad? Are you sure that it just didn't need to be open, readjusted and put back together? The inside of my controller is crammed inside the case. If you do end up reopening it can you take pictures of the inside of the controller since in the future when my controller starts to wear down in a year I can just desolder everything and move the viking chip to another controller. I'm actually sending out my controller Monday for it to be repaired, hopefully an exchange since there is so much s--t wrong with it.

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
The sticks were bad? Are you sure that it just didn't need to be open, readjusted and put back together? The inside of my controller is crammed inside the case. If you do end up reopening it can you take pictures of the inside of the controller since in the future when my controller starts to wear down in a year I can just desolder everything and move the viking chip to another controller. I'm actually sending out my controller Monday for it to be repaired, hopefully an exchange since there is so much s--t wrong with it.

Ya I can do that, but like I said some of the wires came loose. There is a black one that connects to the mod chip that is off and the right top tac switch on the back needs to be re-soldered. I know how those wires go, but I dont know where the black wire goes and that is gonna be my biggest problem lol. I had alot wrong with mine too, there was a gap on top much like ur picture, the RB/LB wouldnt click (loosened the screws and it was fine), and the left thumbstick didnt work consistently, than not at all. I should have just sent it back like ur doing. PM me ur e-mail and I can e-mail u the pics of the controller, I will take it apart once my son takes a nap.

Lynx

Ok upon further review the wires that are loose are only on the tac switches, so hopefully I will be able to repair them :)

LoveKillzSlowly

Hey Lynx thanks for the great quality pictures, I really appreciate you taking the time to take pictures. Now I know what to expect whenever I decide to open up the controller, which hopefully won't be anytime soon.

Lynx

No problem. Not gonna lie taking it apart wasnt bad, I replaced the sticks a few different times, everything was in tact too. I am not sure what happened the last time to cause the wires come loose, but hopefully I can get it fixed later today. Especially since the Macro Library is open lol.

odingalt

Staff member
I don't know what estimate to give without looking at the controller first that's why I'm stuck in the pm's lol. When you said the sticks were bad did you mean to say you were going for a PS3 stick swap?

LoveKillzSlowly

All this for a controller, you should see how I am with my car! I am that type of person that if I find one tiny scratch on my 350z I'd go and have the whole car repainted(Not saying I've done that), sometimes I feel like I baby that car like I do with my 2 kids. :lol:

Question, Did you have to de-solder any wires in the back or front to open the controller apart? In the pictures I noticed 2 blue wires that were not soldered to anything, was that soldered to the tac switches?

Lynx

LoveKillzSlowly said:
All this for a controller, you should see how I am with my car! I am that type of person that if I find one tiny scratch on my 350z I'd go and have the whole car repainted(Not saying I've done that), sometimes I feel like I baby that car like I do with my 2 kids. :lol:

Question, Did you have to de-solder any wires in the back or front to open the controller apart? In the pictures I noticed 2 blue wires that were not soldered to anything, was that soldered to the tac switches?

No i didnt de-solder anything there is enough room to take it apart very carefully.

Odin:

No when I didnt mean the sticks were bad and put the playstation sticks in. I opened it up and did what LoveKIllz showed and mvoed it around with the sticks off, everything worked fine. I put on another set of all black xbox thumbsticks and the controller works great... except for the mod lol. I also took a look at it closer when I took pictures for LoveKillz and noticed its just the back tac switches that came undone. On the right tac switches I have a black wire hooked up on the lower half of the upper switch and a green wire hooked up to the top half of the lower mod. I am guessing to complete that set I hook up the green to match the yellow and blue to match the black. On the left side all the wires except the green one arent hooked up.

LoveKillzSlowly

@Odin
No he sent them to me in an e-mail because I wanted to know what it looked like inside, is there by any chance you can release some pictures of the inside in case i ever decide I want to move the viking chip onto another controller in the future, which will of course be after my warranty is up.

odingalt

Staff member
Nice work!!!!! If you can fix that you can do anything. What other kind of mods are you going to get into now?

Lynx

odingalt said:
Nice work!!!!! If you can fix that you can do anything. What other kind of mods are you going to get into now?

Actually I am not sure. I am contemplating buying another one of these controllers and completely dis-assembling the one I have now and put it in a new shell or something. I figure if nothing else I will be able to help people on these forums if they have any issues. I do want to make a JTAG and some custom controllers also, figure it will give me something to do and I am sure my wife will appreciate me out of her hair lol.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Lynx said:
Actually I am not sure. I am contemplating buying another one of these controllers and completely dis-assembling the one I have now and put it in a new shell or something. I figure if nothing else I will be able to help people on these forums if they have any issues. I do want to make a JTAG and some custom controllers also, figure it will give me something to do and I am sure my wife will appreciate me out of her hair lol.
making a JTAG is very easy.....maybe 5-10 minutes after you disassemble the case.....also i would use this from the acidmods.com store

Lynx

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Lynx said:
making a JTAG is very easy.....maybe 5-10 minutes after you disassemble the case.....also i would use this from the acidmods.com store

Ok thanks I will look into that, I need to find a console that is JTAG-able first though :(

I also need to fix a mushy bumper button in my controller, that is gonna be my next project.

odingalt

Staff member
LoveKillzSlowly said:
This is what I mean by I feel like there is no room.
dcvacn.jpg

I don't think I am going to go through the hassle of shipping it out and then having to wait 2-3 weeks. Since it's such a minor problem and nothing actually needs to be repaired it just needs to be adjusted.

Did you tune anything up since the pic was taken, because the shell didn't look like this when we got it back in the mail?

My wife and I think you are nuts, the only problem we could recreate is the tac switch hole being bigger.

Regardless, I told her to have our shop guy carefully re-drill the shell back that you sent and re-attach that new shell back to the controller. I asked her to personally dissassemble the entire mod, inspect for any issues of how the shell goes together, clean anything that looks like it may need cleaning, reseat anything she can find to reseat, and re-assemble the whole unit with tender loving care.

Honestly it looked pretty good when we got it back and I don't feel anything off with the d-pad or the trigger.

Most controllers have drifting sticks these days after they get worn in it does improve if this is a problem when the controller comes back, I can't get it to drift but keep playing with it to see if this persists forever.

She will get it back in the UPS today on its way back to you.

LoveKillzSlowly

That's how it looked after I had to personally loosen one of the screws for the right trigger to work. I screwed it back the way you guys had it when I received the controller. It shouldn't look like that at all even without the screws, You should be able to close a controller without screws. With this controller you need the screws to tighten the mess inside.

The dpad isn't broken at all, the rubber just has to be adjusted and I was definitely having problems pressing DOWN on it, you can even hear it hit the plastic. I shouldn't have to press hard on the dpad for me to get it to register.

The triggers were the main problems. The right trigger would get stuck you can tell by pressing the right trigger hard let go of it and then record a macro. You would see it being recorded but you wouldn't actually see the button getting stuck. This is what you are getting confused.

The left trigger doesn't seem to work with any of the macros you posted. Have you fixed that? Because akimbo or left rapidfire was not working.

These are my biggest concerns and I really hope that I don't have to send it out AGAIN because next time I will show you the problems in a video.

odingalt

Staff member
It just didn't look like this at all when we got it. Lol are you at sea level maybe there is higher air pressure, I'm totally confused on this one. Is your first name Denny? That's the one my wife was looking at in the shop today.

DPAD was smooth as a baby's butt, rubber was seated perfectly according to my wife.

Triggers no problem there either.

Left trigger, unfortunately no we didn't look at that, had no idea we needed to because you didn't mention it in your support ticket or on a note in the box. "I just work in engineering" I don't even work at the shop in the day time, that's my wife and our four other employees. I stopped by around noonish and talked ot her when she was working on your controller and even dug around the forums and found one of these posts, unfortunately the particular post I opened mentioned 5 things, none of them were about the left trigger :-x.

I think you are going to end up sending it back because my wife says everything tested out ok on the butotn test code (which isn't full-proof), my guess is the left trigger problem is still there. You sounded very animated in this thread so I didn't want to take it home over the weekend to play with it personally (which I usually do when people make this big of a stink about it but I figured it would piss you off more if we kept it any longer lol), we boxed it up and mailed it today which sucks!

All in all I just don't see what you are talking about, a video would help greatly if you could put one together when the controller arrives.

odingalt

Staff member
This whole thing sucks I can see this turning into a thread entitled

"The most angry and dissatisfied Viking360 customer ever"

And there's nothing I can do about it short of hiring some terrorists to hijack whatever UPS cargo plane is currently carrying your controller and have them turn 180 and land back at the airport in my town.

:(

Either that or I got the wrong guy, the controller I saw my wife working on today at lunch did not have any single one of these problems, are you the guy that sent us a replacement back plate because one of the tac hole switches was enlarged?

Status
Not open for further replies.