COD 7

Paul

v360Reflex said:
ok this isnt a cold war setting the cold war in real life went on for more than 2 years. and no one died thats why they called it the cold war. becuase there was threats if war had occured like russin nukes and american nukes. so cod 7 is based off veitnam

So you're telling me nobody died in the Korean war and the Vietnam war? They were both counted as wars, but the Cold War wasn't physically a war. It was an era from after World War II to about 1989, I think, when the United States and the Soviet Union were the two world superpowers. There was definitely wars within the Cold War period however.

Besides, it can't be assumed that Call of Duty Black Ops is based in Vietnam. We know nothing about it yet, plus I think I saw Fidel Castro in it. I saw some Cold War era guns in the trailer as well, so I assume it's within the Cold War era.

Itz CHARLEY

Yeah it was all the way from the end of WWII to the collapse of the Soviet Union in the 90s. You guys should watch Rocky IV, great movie.

Paul

Itz CHARLEY said:
Yeah it was all the way from the end of WWII to the collapse of the Soviet Union in the 90s. You guys should watch Rocky IV, great movie.

Really? What's it about?

BTW: The exact year was 1991.

Itz CHARLEY

Paul said:
Itz CHARLEY said:

Really? What's it about?
If you haven't heard of Rocky Balboa then shame on you, but anyways its about how this giant Russian muscle mountain boxer named Ivan Drago comes to the U.S. to fight and has little training but is very strong. Rocky and this other guy Apollo Creed are pretty much the best boxers in the U.S. and they think that Drago is trying to make the US boxers look bad. So Apollo Creed challenges Drago to an exhibition fight in vegas and Creed gets the shit beat out of him and dies in the ring. So then it goes on to where Rocky is really pissed that Apollo got killed and that Drago is a really big juicer. and I wont tell you the rest but it has a little bit to do with the Cold war because it was made in the 80's and is basically US vs. Russia.
Rocky on the left, Drago on the Right
article-1173697-002a777900000258-16_468x374.jpg

Itz CHARLEY

PS3andCOD said:
I really don't see what it has to do with call of duty, even if it was made in the cold war...
oh it has absolutely nothing to do with cod but i was just saying it is a good movie you know?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Itz CHARLEY said:
[quote="Treyarch":15xef7np]The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 perk 'Commando' is not expected to return.
Yay![/quote:15xef7np]

I know! FPS means first person shooter, not first person knifer. I didn't mention it because it wasn't a huge developement... There might be bayonets again, but at least they would be slow, unlike tac knife commando's...

JeremyC95

MODz said:
i hope there is ALOT of semi autos lol. The whole viking360 community will own every 1 with there mods!

especially is treyarch does all those mod patches like with WaW! we got USB regrammable mods so we will be the very few people with mods!

Krier023

Useful Poster
haha yeah i think that was one of the only reasons i played waw. i was only like 2nd prestige because of zombies

Itz CHARLEY

Krier023 said:
im 10th 55 on cod4 and 10th 70 on mw2 :D gotta love being able to system link yourself with a jtag :D :D :D
Wow... I must get cod 5. and when I do i am going to hack tenth cause i am 38 1st prestige. Probably around July 20th Ill get it. th e flamethrower is so cheap in cod five. but it may be in Black Ops too :mrgreen: . Flamethrowers were popular in the Korean war.

JeremyC95

o PANDA x iREK said:
Yeah I also saw the M4 in there as well, it looks like the game spans from the 60's to presumably the end of the cold war era. I would assume it encompasses alll of the weaponry from those eras. I also saw the attack chopper and the SR-71 in there too. I hope Treyarch stepped it up for this one they have some pretty big shoes to fill after MW2. :mrgreen:

Not realy MW2 is a good game and all, but it was ruined by OMA danger close noob tubes/commando/and jtag infections including aimbot, wall hack, etc

MW2 wasn't even a huge difference from COD4, I mean it's like an update from COD4, and it didn't really give a different or more exciting experience than COD4. I personally thought MW2 was a let down, and that was probably mostly because it was way overhyped.

This time around treyarch whole studio is working on Black Ops so you know that it is going be a lot better than world at war. Plus treyarch listens more to the community than infinity ward does. They had all those mod patches and more map packs and other stuff. The only let down to WaW was they patched everything but the MP40 which was kind of ridicous.

v360Reflex

Paul said:
v360Reflex said:
ok this isnt a cold war setting the cold war in real life went on for more than 2 years. and no one died thats why they called it the cold war. becuase there was threats if war had occured like russin nukes and american nukes. so cod 7 is based off veitnam

So you're telling me nobody died in the Korean war and the Vietnam war? They were both counted as wars, but the Cold War wasn't physically a war. It was an era from after World War II to about 1989, I think, when the United States and the Soviet Union were the two world superpowers. There was definitely wars within the Cold War period however.

Besides, it can't be assumed that Call of Duty Black Ops is based in Vietnam. We know nothing about it yet, plus I think I saw Fidel Castro in it. I saw some Cold War era guns in the trailer as well, so I assume it's within the Cold War era.

no Dumba$$ im asaying that for the U.S nothing honestly went down Russia and US never really had combat in the "Cold War" why do you think we call it that!!