COD 7

Shadow

By the way guys, Black Ops will span from Vietnam War onwards.

Cold War is included in the time period, and don't be surprised to see many of the guns you see in CoD4 and MW2, modern guns have been designed and entered service as early as the 60s and 70s. I've already seen the AUG in it, the M16 and M4 are almost guaranteed to be in as well, among others.

So yeah, there will be a decent amount of single shots I think. If not, there's always the pistol.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
My brother got a book on "modern" weapons (it was printed in the 80's) and most of the guns in the book are in COD 4 and MW2. It say's the FAL is old and outdated, back then already.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
My brother got a book on "modern" weapons (it was printed in the 80's) and most of the guns in the book are in COD 4 and MW2. It say's the FAL is old and outdated, back then already.
The FAL is considered out dated but it's like the AK. It's cheap,reliable,and will continue to work untill you actually destroy it.

Itz CHARLEY

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
PS3andCOD said:
The FAL is considered out dated but it's like the AK. It's cheap,reliable,and will continue to work untill you actually destroy it.
Exactly why they are in Cod 4 and 6, cause those dumb a Arabs and Russians don't know how to use real guns.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, that's why AK's are so popular, they're known for being impossible to destroy. I wish I was allowed to buy an AK. Full auto guns are illegal in Canada.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
Yeah, that's why AK's are so popular, they're known for being impossible to destroy. I wish I was allowed to buy an AK. Full auto guns are illegal in Canada.
You can buy semi-auto only ak-47s :)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I know, my dad is also against semi-autos... He likes double barrel shotguns. I might get one when I'm older, but another problem is the clip size. Over 10 is illegal, and over 5 is illegal for hunting. I don't know if they make smaller clips or not.

mavic

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Actually an ak-47 is better made and a higher caliber than the m16.....the m16 Has a compinsator spring that reduces the recoil though

All though I will agree that the AK is an outstanding design, the reasons you mention as being better than a M16 are debatable... The AK design is great for durability and reliability yes... And yes it is a larger caliber than the M16 BUT the M16 has reasons for being a smaller caliber.... 1. a smaller caliber bullet with a decent size cartridge is more accurate at long range than a larger caliber. 2. and this reason was the main design concept was weight.
In the end though they both come to about a tie as far as design... just different strong points.

I wouldn’t say the AK is a modern weapon but its still very relevant.

mavic

PS3andCOD said:
A smaller caliber is also easier to shoot (recoil and accuracy) is it not?

yes it does specially when configured in 3 round burst or the older models full auto. and like it was said it also has a recoil compensator spring between the action and the butt stock... and barrel compensator ports to reduce barrel rise and deviation.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

mavic said:
PS3andCOD said:
A smaller caliber is also easier to shoot (recoil and accuracy) is it not?

yes it does specially when configured in 3 round burst or the older models full auto. and like it was said it also has a recoil compensator spring between the action and the butt stock... and barrel compensator ports to reduce barrel rise and deviation.
Actually fully auto m16s are still in use....here are the designations
M16X-origional varient non Chrome barrel severe carbon buildup
M16A-same as X but has a chrome lined barrel reducing carbon buildup
M16A2- has guard around mag release also has semi and 3 round burst only
M16A3- reverts back to semi and full auto and has the mag release guard
M16A4- this is the current model it has semi and 3 round burst only it also has a few minor upgrades.

Oh and the 5.56 NATO round has just as much kick as the AK-47(7.62x39) it's just the M16 has a compensator spring in the stock and it's a rotating bolt gun not piston driven like the AK

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You sure about the kick? The more powder in the shell, the more kick. I'd asume that the larger bullet would have more powder to push it.

mavic

PS3andCOD said:
You sure about the kick? The more powder in the shell, the more kick. I'd asume that the larger bullet would have more powder to push it.

if both rounds had the same grain cartridges with similar chamber pressure the larger caliber would have more kick.... but m1a1 is right that sometimes a smaller caliber can have the same kick....

but I have fired the m16 in 3rb and an older model in full auto... as well as an ak in full auto... and the m16 was night and day more manageable.

but the point is the m16 is more accurate and despite all the people saying they break a lot... I had mine in the sandbox for 10 months and never had a problem. you just have to clean it more.

regardless they are both modern weapons still because they are both still relevant and being used in current war fronts. the debate between which is better is one of the biggest controversies in the gun world... if my life depended on it (and it has)I would much rather have the M16 in my hands.

back on topic though.... I would love to see the fal return as it is more current in that time frame anyway.... but we will just have to see what weapons will be in it.... Im sure in the next few weeks there will be a list leaked. I wouldnt bet on seeing prototypes though... I mean they didnt even have an MP7 in MW2. or a UCP for that matter (yes m1a1, I am an H&K fan).

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, some of the magnums have more powder than a slightly bigger non magnum, but th only military cartridge that is magnum as far as I know is the .50 BMG, unless they actually still use .357 magnum handguns? I would think there are machine pistols just as small and better...

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

mavic said:
PS3andCOD said:

if both rounds had the same grain cartridges with similar chamber pressure the larger caliber would have more kick.... but m1a1 is right that sometimes a smaller caliber can have the same kick....

but I have fired the m16 in 3rb and an older model in full auto... as well as an ak in full auto... and the m16 was night and day more manageable.

but the point is the m16 is more accurate and despite all the people saying they break a lot... I had mine in the sandbox for 10 months and never had a problem. you just have to clean it more.

regardless they are both modern weapons still because they are both still relevant and being used in current war fronts. the debate between which is better is one of the biggest controversies in the gun world... if my life depended on it (and it has)I would much rather have the M16 in my hands.

back on topic though.... I would love to see the fal return as it is more current in that time frame anyway.... but we will just have to see what weapons will be in it.... Im sure in the next few weeks there will be a list leaked. I wouldnt bet on seeing prototypes though... I mean they didnt even have an MP7 in MW2. or a UCP for that matter (yes m1a1, I am an H&K fan).
i love H&K but the reason people complained about the m16s malfunctioning alot was due to the original variant the M16AX which didnt have a chrome lined barrel. which intern caused residue to build up causing the cartrages to get stuck causing the gun to jam. this problem has been addressed and solved from the M16A1 and up....oh and BTW the M16 isn't even made by colt or produced in the us...it is now being produced by FN(same company that makes the FAL and M240/M249 SAW) in Belgium

mavic

[/quote] i love H&K but the reason people complained about the m16s malfunctioning alot was due to the original variant the M16AX which didnt have a chrome lined barrel. which intern caused residue to build up causing the cartrages to get stuck causing the gun to jam. this problem has been addressed and solved from the M16A1 and up....oh and BTW the M16 isn't even made by colt or produced in the us...it is now being produced by FN(same company that makes the FAL and M240/M249 SAW) in Belgium[/quote]

I did know that the carbon buildup was the cause and the chrome lined barrel was a solution to that... another is the mag guard.
I didnt know that FN was making the M16... odd the one I carried was a colt I thought... it was an AR15A2 if I remeber correctly.... Forgive me it was 7 years ago. Still thats cool info... and FN make some cool weapons also... the f2000 is also FN built.
the M9 is italian.... I guess the military has no loyalty when it comes to that sort of thing lol.