May 2014 Beta Testing Thread (Random Firing with Berserker Controller)

odingalt

Staff member
Hi on your auto run it might be the way the rune itself is designed It's set to "loop until second press", then play once more. This means so long as you are pressing up/running forward, it's going to keep pressing the left stick center press. I'm wondering if the game will make your guy stop running when it receives excessive left stick presses? You might try changing the loop to "Play Once". When your guy stops sprinting you'd have to pull back on the stick and then press up again but it could eliminate your guy from stopping sprinting.

odingalt

Staff member
You seem to have this thing under control, must admit I am now holding back until I see/hear the word "EURIKA", before starting over with the final firmware and start to build new runes ... thank you both ..... Btw,I take back my earlier post comment, you are both genius's .......

Getting closer, I didn't want to jinx myself so waited for bonefisher, he's got a pretty dense library of runes, so if anybody can find bugs he can.

bonefisher

Hi on your auto run it might be the way the rune itself is designed It's set to "loop until second press", then play once more. This means so long as you are pressing up/running forward, it's going to keep pressing the left stick center press. I'm wondering if the game will make your guy stop running when it receives excessive left stick presses? You might try changing the loop to "Play Once". When your guy stops sprinting you'd have to pull back on the stick and then press up again but it could eliminate your guy from stopping sprinting.
Never did change it since I had it on left click.. I'll check it out when getting home later... Maybe humanize it a little and put it to play once on it for them long runs...

bonefisher

Odin, did you check out Battlefield 4 Extreme? Where when you ADS back and fourth it would shut my auto spot off/on... Just wondering if that last fix help that out. Also did have the red led syndrome but didn't have time to test.

bonefisher

Odin, fixed Ghosts Pack Attack run issue....working great.... only one time had to reset by pulling battery. Going to test my battlefield to see if that issue is gone......

bonefisher

Odin, The Battlefield 4 Extreme still has issues. Whenever I ADS it flickers my rune which is auto spot on/off then shutting off eventually. I do have hold breath on left trigger... I'll look to see on setting it up different.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I am testing on Battlefield 4 Extreme, I hit TAC#3 to start autospotting loop (Quarant 4 LED is blue). Pull LT (ADS) and it's ok, but release LT (ADS) and the Quadrant 4 blue light goes out temporarily and then comes back on. It only happens on the LT release not really on the LT press.

When LT is released and the modchip is going in to shut down that rune, it looks like it might be clearing the buffer for all rune-based control of LED's. Will look into the LED buffers and LED priorities in the source code.

bonefisher

Believe I found the issue... totally forgot that battlefield put that delay in like when you do a drop shot with rapid fire on...doesn't shoot til your totally on the ground. Same effect when I ADS with the sniper breath, jump, drop or whatever they put delay in...if I double delay to much it will shut off...

bonefisher

Ok I am testing on Battlefield 4 Extreme, I hit TAC#3 to start autospotting loop (Quarant 4 LED is blue). Pull LT (ADS) and it's ok, but release LT (ADS) and the Quadrant 4 blue light goes out temporarily and then comes back on. It only happens on the LT release not really on the LT press.

When LT is released and the modchip is going in to shut down that rune, it looks like it might be clearing the buffer for all rune-based control of LED's. Will look into the LED buffers and LED priorities in the source code.
I figured it shouldn't shut off anyway but delay any how.... can't figure why I can't put my auto run on LC and my auto spot on RB. Maybe when you get done and find issue it will allow me....

bonefisher

Also when I run with the auto spot on it doesn't allow me to use my tac jump but when I shut off auto spot and run while manually hitting RB for auto spot while using tac jumping it allows me to jump..

odingalt

Staff member
Wow this is embarassing, but an easy find. I had commented out a few lines of source code last night during troubleshooting. Usually I put the tag "//einar" in the code when I do something temporarily, and then search through all the source and I know anything with my name next to it needs put back to normal before I wrap up my session. Well I didn't follow that last night, and left a few too many lines commented out!

Long story short, the bug this time was that any time a rune terminates, ALL runes that were currently playing would terminate. Also if you happen to have a rune looping, every time the rune loops over it would shut off all runes. So basically this thing was overzealously shutting down runes.

This solves the issue I described in my previous post with your autospot/blue light on Quadrant 4 turning off when I release LT (ADS).

ATTACHMENT REMOVED. NEWER FIRMWARE ISSUED.

Last edited:

bonefisher

Ok that was working great....everything that I had on that one worked...so I got picky and put the auto run back on loop forever to put it on Left CLick worked awesome... Used my auto spot on Right Bumper stayed on for a second and shut off... All most there, doing great don't stop know your on a role.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok that was working great....everything that I had on that one worked...so I got picky and put the auto run back on loop forever to put it on Left CLick worked awesome... Used my auto spot on Right Bumper stayed on for a second and shut off... All most there, doing great don't stop know your on a role.

Ok I updated to the latest version of your Battlefield 4 Extreme Pack. This problem was easy to replicate. It stops looping by itself. Press it again and it'll go for awhile again but stop itself. Will dig into the source code again. I know where to start looking but not sure if I'll solve this one tonight before it's time for bed.

odingalt

Staff member
Hmm... this one is just too hard to explain... something happening at the hardware-level... so rather than trying to explain, I'll just post the file. Here's the file! This fixes bonefisher's latest problem on the Battlefield 4 Extreme Pack, with autospot assigned to RB, where autospot would shut itself off at random.

ATTACHMENT REMOVED. NEWER FIRMWARE ISSUED.

Last edited:

bonefisher

Well seemed like you fixed that issue of shutting down on RB, but now shuts my LC down with auto run while RB is on....