New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
249 macros are left I think. Not sure how much the prices will raise less in stock higher the price. So get yours soon.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Price to make the chips in the controllers is a big thing also the controllers motherboard got discontinued.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
why is there not going to be any more

I have run the numbers over and over and over again. If we purchased raw materials to produce more macro controllers, plus labor and overhead, it cost us at least $150 per macro controller to build. This is too expensive. I have tried to brainstorm 100 different ways to reduce the cost, but the install is very labor-intensive no matter what. We are catering to very niche market, at $150 per macro build, we are going to want to charge over $200 for profit margin.

I think maybe it is better to produce a much cheaper mod (even though it won't have the awesome macro features). We can get production cost well below $100 and sell the controller for way way way less than the $200!

I mean, macro controller is awesome, but it's twice the price of the console :-(. This is a problem. Unless you guys don't think so :)

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
I have run the numbers over and over and over again. If we purchased raw materials to produce more macro controllers, plus labor and overhead, it cost us at least $150 per macro controller to build. This is too expensive. I have tried to brainstorm 100 different ways to reduce the cost, but the install is very labor-intensive no matter what. We are catering to very niche market, at $150 per macro build, we are going to want to charge over $200 for profit margin.

I think maybe it is better to produce a much cheaper mod (even though it won't have the awesome macro features). We can get production cost well below $100 and sell the controller for way way way less than the $200!

I mean, macro controller is awesome, but it's twice the price of the console . This is a problem. Unless you guys don't think so
I think if you set them at $230 - $250 you would still have a great market on them. THEY ARE THE BEST!

Loveless54321

Hi guys, first time poster and I have read the entire thread before posting. I'm interested in the Macro Mod controller but I just have a few questions before I commit. I've been pretty impressed by the interaction of the admins with the forum so I'm hoping that I'll get the same treatment.

I'm reading that future renditions of the controller will be downgraded versions of the current model due to components being discontinued? So when the Macro Mod controllers are gone, that's the end of it?

What is the next step for Viking? A more complex/versitile controller or down or dirty basic?

The selling point for me is the possibility of creating my own macros for repetive actions for single player games. I can't download the macro program to see the limitations, but how long can the macro strings get? I watched the video and learned that it does expand, but how far does it go? And maybe I missed it, but is there a way to go back to default settings if I ever eff up the macro settings?

If you record a macro on the controller, can you recover the macro string on the PC? If I decide to use pages, can I just assign a page right button and cycle back to page 1 or will I eventually be stuck on just page 5?

I read on your facebook page that people are speculating on a sale. Any chance of that? at the current price, I'll be honest, I'd be good for one. But I would prefer to have two since electronics break.

I am currently forward deployed. I was going to pick one up and have it sent home. I guess the warrantee kicks off the day of purchase regardless if I can actually test it out or not?

Silly question but I figured that I would ask anyway. You don't have wired versions of your controller do you?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited:

MrDeeds

I see that you guys use the new adjustable dpad 360 controllers for the silver barbed wire and grey cloud colors.
Would it be possible to just get that controller in it's stock silver color?

pacinoallstars

Hello, first post here and I'm thinking about buying a macro controller.

Q: Are there still macro controllers left? (if so how many (friend of me needs one as well)

Q: Is it possible to loop the macro, so it can play specific games while im at work. I want it to join coach matches in certain sports games.

NYjetsNY1

I'm reading that future renditions of the controller will be downgraded versions of the current model due to components being discontinued? So when the Macro Mod controllers are gone, that's the end of it?

Possibly, yes. And the future controller will be a controller made for shooters only. The current macro controller works on all games.

What is the next step for Viking? A more complex/versitile controller or down or dirty basic?

What would you like better?

The selling point for me is the possibility of creating my own macros for repetive actions for single player games. I can't download the macro program to see the limitations, but how long can the macro strings get? I watched the video and learned that it does expand, but how far does it go? And maybe I missed it, but is there a way to go back to default settings if I ever eff up the macro settings?

Yes, there is a way. And macros can be infinite in length - however you should not do one that lasts for more than 2 minutes. Errors can occur, and depending on your computer, you may not be able to edit long macros.

If you record a macro on the controller, can you recover the macro string on the PC? If I decide to use pages, can I just assign a page right button and cycle back to page 1 or will I eventually be stuck on just page 5?

Yes, if you record a macro on the controller - you can receive the macro string on the PC. And yes to the pages, you can cycle back and forth.

I read on your facebook page that people are speculating on a sale. Any chance of that? at the current price, I'll be honest, I'd be good for one. But I would prefer to have two since electronics break.

Not for the macro controller :( . In fact, the macro controller will only increase in pricing from here on out.

I am currently forward deployed. I was going to pick one up and have it sent home. I guess the warrantee kicks off the day of purchase regardless if I can actually test it out or not?

Yep, regardless.

Silly question but I figured that I would ask anyway. You don't have wired versions of your controller do you?

Nope. :(

I see that you guys use the new adjustable dpad 360 controllers for the silver barbed wire and grey cloud colors.
Would it be possible to just get that controller in it's stock silver color?

We used to, but now discontinued :(

Hello, first post here and I'm thinking about buying a macro controller.

Q: Are there still macro controllers left? (if so how many (friend of me needs one as well)

I'd say ~200.

Q: Is it possible to loop the macro, so it can play specific games while im at work. I want it to join coach matches in certain sports games.

Yes it is! You can loop a macro forever.

odingalt

Staff member
The software is really designed for short macro playback, like short moves or combos. After the macro track gets to be longer than 1 minute I think there is risk of freezing, for example if you have a 5-minute macro recorded which some people have tried, the software is going to take a reeallly long time to load the macro in the editor. Like hours. So I would plan on the Viking only performing at its best if you are talking about macros that are 30 seconds or less.

pacinoallstars

The software is really designed for short macro playback, like short moves or combos. After the macro track gets to be longer than 1 minute I think there is risk of freezing, for example if you have a 5-minute macro recorded which some people have tried, the software is going to take a reeallly long time to load the macro in the editor. Like hours. So I would plan on the Viking only performing at its best if you are talking about macros that are 30 seconds or less.

How well does it work online with a game like street fighter?

It can be an instant win with one button press?

dwayne_2010

Sheeeet! its my birthday next month and was going to get a macro as i have the odins raven when i last looked it worked out £149 inc shipping but Woaaah wtf happend?:':)rolleyes:

Tx1000

sO wghen WILL we be seeing the new xbox controller coming out in the next few weeks?

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Sheeeet! its my birthday next month and was going to get a macro as i have the odins raven when i last looked it worked out £149 inc shipping but Woaaah wtf happend?:':)rolleyes:

Only about 230 controllers left. Then we will be sold out forever and ever. We are pricing these appropriately. It cost us about $140-$145 to build a plain black one. Add about $30-$35 for custom shell depending on design. We were selling them very near cost (for $159) for a long time to generate much needed cash for the business. Time to make the profits on what few units we have left!

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Only about 230 controllers left. Then we will be sold out forever and ever. We are pricing these appropriately. It cost us about $140-$145 to build a plain black one. Add about $30-$35 for custom shell depending on design. We were selling them very near cost (for $159) for a long time to generate much needed cash for the business. Time to make the profits on what few units we have left!
If you ever win the lottery you should bring them back. haha =p

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
They are not just running low. The controller(cg2) is already discontinued and are becoming hard to find. The macro isn't becoming low, it is becoming extinct for the lack of better words.
Exactly and all the controllers that are left already have the Macro Board installed on it.

odingalt

Staff member
Well, the special editions are all coming as CG2's at the moment (Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, and the Silver special D-pad controller). Because of this, I crunched the numbers reeealllyy hard to see how cheap we could produce macro controllers if we started up again. But no matter what I try, I can't seem to get the cost down below $140. Which puts the retail price back up in the $200's again. Labor on these things SUCKS.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Well, the special editions are all coming as CG2's at the moment (Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, and the Silver special D-pad controller). Because of this, I crunched the numbers reeealllyy hard to see how cheap we could produce macro controllers if we started up again. But no matter what I try, I can't seem to get the cost down below $140. Which puts the retail price back up in the $200's again. Labor on these things SUCKS.
$200-$250?... I would gladly pay that for another one once I get a job... DO IT!!! =P