Shipping Charges High? International Shipping Questions? Please Visit Here!

Raymurda

delivery?

Sup guys i ordered your rapid fire controller 3 days ago and just checked to see were it was and its STILL in Washington? jeez pretty slow service.

NYjetsNY1

Did you order the standard shipping? Shipping times can vary depending on UPS. We are not responsible for their slowness. If you want the fastest shipping, you should have chosen the fastest option.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Standard shipping can take up to 2 weeks. I got 3 day shipping and got lucky and got it in 2 days. You just never know, it could be faster or slower depending on weather or just the employees.

Viva en Grey

Standard shipping can take up to 2 weeks. I got 3 day shipping and got lucky and got it in 2 days. You just never know, it could be faster or slower depending on weather or just the employees.

This. You must remember that a company only has control over how quickly they sort your order, compile the package, and sent it out to be shipped.

Once that happens, it is all up the UPS/USPS/etc workers on what happens next. When you gravitate toward the higher-end shipping options, packages go to sorting facilities that are smaller and thus get mailed out faster, and in some cases will travel via faster vehicles. When you use standard shipping, as most people do, it goes to one large sorting facility where the mail workers, at no "minimal" speed set, have to place it in the proper section so that it arrives at your address. This process funnels down as it gets closer and closer to where you live, until it eventually gets into your mailbox.

I guess you just need to be a little patient is all, though your point of view is understandable as a consumer.

odingalt

Staff member
Sup guys i ordered your rapid fire controller 3 days ago and just checked to see were it was and its STILL in Washington? jeez pretty slow service.

"You get what you pay for". Ground shipping is just that - shipment by ground. That means the package started in Kennewick, WA and is offloaded/onloaded by truck all the way to its destination. If a customer needs the parcel to arrive sooner, they need to pay for an air shipping service instead of ground service.

Raymurda

i work for Federal Express...... 13 bucks would of gotten me next day delivery from my company. My controller is STILL in Washington state 4 days after ordering it. I know all to well how services for delivery works. I ordered FPS Kontrole freaks the same day as my Controller and i received them yesterday with the SAME 3 day service as i chose for controller and it was FREE with amazon shipping.

Raymurda

This. You must remember that a company only has control over how quickly they sort your order, compile the package, and sent it out to be shipped.

Once that happens, it is all up the UPS/USPS/etc workers on what happens next. When you gravitate toward the higher-end shipping options, packages go to sorting facilities that are smaller and thus get mailed out faster, and in some cases will travel via faster vehicles. When you use standard shipping, as most people do, it goes to one large sorting facility where the mail workers, at no "minimal" speed set, have to place it in the proper section so that it arrives at your address. This process funnels down as it gets closer and closer to where you live, until it eventually gets into your mailbox.

I guess you just need to be a little patient is all, though your point of view is understandable as a consumer.

i work for federal express..... i never seen service this bad on a delivery EVER. Its NOW FRIDAY and my shipment says 3 MORE business days! that means WED of next week if im lucky. You guys should use federal express over UPS due to the fact UPS blows, granted fed exs needs a signature ( if not told so by customer drop off is ok ) but we are much faster for the same price.

NYjetsNY1

I believe it is a cart issue with viking360.com's site that we only support UPS. Maybe odingalt can give more on that. On vikingdigital, I believe we also added fedex. I imagine that soon, we will have all controllers on fedex. Let's have odingalt explain the situation fully though, as I don't have all the details.

But he is 100% right - you get what you pay for. Ground shipping on UPS can take forever! But that is what happens when you buy cheaper shipping options.

odingalt

Staff member
We've shipped thousands of packages, and I can say with certainty that the USPS is actually the worst shipping carrier. FedEx and UPS are equal, except depending on whatever personal bad luck you've had, you probably have horror stories for one or the other. The fact of the matter is they are transparent to the end-user. FedEx is faster (and cheaper) for international shipments. However, UPS has a far superior IT department and shipping API. As far as actually just delivering packages, there's no difference to the end consumer.

The reason we don't have FedEx on Viking360.com site is that it would probably cost us another $5,000 to have our guys custom-build the site to support FedEx's ****ty API. For that matter, we are manually printing all labels on FedEx.com because the plug-in we purchased that was supposed to support FedEx's web API, doesn't. Not until we send about 30 "test labels" into FedEx headquaters and then wait 6 months for them to decide if we are worthy to use their API or not...

Semtize

Shipping Charges?

I must say, i was actually excited to buy a Viking controller, until i go and pay it, i realise that shipping to Australia costs $115
LIKE WTF, its not liek ur shipping a TV or something..

Thats a complete rip off.

This is why i was also considering if there was a DIY kit.. The rapidfire DIY kit is basically pointless, as i really want the macro kit.. If Viking did this im sure u would have a few hundred more customers, as people dont want to pay $229 for a controller where as they can pay roughly $100 for the Kit and do it themselves.

I would personally pay $100+ for the DIY Kit with included postage.

Post your opinions.

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
The problem is Viking 360 are in the USA and they ship ground. So for UPS thats a lot of driving and such just to get it to your destination. Shipping things over seas is never cheap

diggidoyo

I'm not so sure. I just received my package and I was happy to see everything until I saw the shipping sticker on the bottom. €31 charged by UPS. I paid $104. That's a 150% markup. I already had to pay a premium for the controller, but I accepted that fact due to there being a limited supply. Seeing as how it was packed with bubble wrap instead of memory foam, I'd like to know where the rest of the money went.

NYjetsNY1

Yeah, we have lost a lot of money from customers charging back when they we used to use the cheaper shipping USPS. They got the package, but there wasn't any tracking and so we couldn't prove they got the package.

Now, shipping with UPS is expensive, but at least we'll both 100% know that you received the package.

odingalt

Staff member
Semtize:

http://www.vikingforums.com/showthread.php?3232-Ignoring-My-Pm-s/page3

Go to my post on page 3. Please, go to www.UPS.com, and get a shipping quote. If you can print us a shipping label from USA to Australia using UPS' guaranteed/certified express international service for the $35USD you think it actually costs, I'LL SEND YOU A MACRO CONTROLLER FOR FREE.

No, we are not going to put your $250 macro controller into a brown paper grocery sack and send it USPS first-class for five dollars. One of two things will happen: 1.) your package will take 5 weeks to arrive, and you will get impatient and dispute the charges with your credit card company, and then receive the produce for free a few weeks later OR 2.) when the package arrives and you realize you didn't have to sign for it, you will dispute the charges with your credit card company and keep your money (and our product).

In either case, Viking360 gets screwed and you get the world's most amazing modded controller for free. Other companies are o.k. with getting frauded. We are not. Especially not on a $250 controller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tx1000

Ya the shipping is ****ing nuts when you order here. If i was to order from here the controller would cost me way over $300 i never had to pay so much for shipping. when i order from the states.

odingalt

Staff member
I guess other businesses haven't had to suffer as much fraud as we have. I don't know if it's because we sell a product that lets people cheat that our customer base tends to try to screw us more often? lol

Tx1000

Couple of years ago i got a rpaid fire controller pay with paypal and even got free shipping, tell this day i still use the Rapid fire but its not that great, Pretty sure it was the 1st gen of rapid fire controller to hit the xbox market.