Shipping Charges High? International Shipping Questions? Please Visit Here!

Sashatronics

USPS priority shipping

I do a lot of shipping and from my experience, you can use USPS priority shipping international $30 and up depends on weight, and includes tracking number.

odingalt

Staff member
I do a lot of shipping and from my experience, you can use USPS priority shipping international $30 and up depends on weight, and includes tracking number.

USPS international = scam central. USPS international = no signature required. USPS international = PayPal/credit card disputes. USPS international = 10-20% lost packages and/or customer fraud. Shipping may only "cost" $30-$40 for you, the customer. But it costs me, the business, a ****load more after we get scammed by a bunch of fraudulent buyers.

The reason UPS and FedEx international is so expensive is that they actually stand behind their delivery. If I tell UPS or FedEx that the customer tried to screw me, they'll actually go back to that person's residence (wherever in the world it is) and interview the driver, interview the recipient, etc. If I show a FedEx or UPS signature to my credit card company, that's as good as gold.

Tx1000

Are you saying FedEx or UPS will ask you for your Signature? If thats the case, thats bull ****, when i get stuff delivery to my door its on my door step if no one is home, I had my 9 year old daughter sign there electronic device.

If your saying USPS international is scam central, no signature required PayPal/credit card disputes,10-20% lost packages and/or customer fraud....They why are there so many people are using it, If its that big of a deal would you think that they would stop have this option?

NYjetsNY1

Are you saying FedEx or UPS will ask you for your Signature? If thats the case, thats bull ****, when i get stuff delivery to my door its on my door step if no one is home, I had my 9 year old daughter sign there electronic device.

If your saying USPS international is scam central, no signature required PayPal/credit card disputes,10-20% lost packages and/or customer fraud....They why are there so many people are using it, If its that big of a deal would you think that they would stop have this option?

The macro controller does not generate enough profit. The rapid-fire controllers you buy off of competitors cost somewhere from $100-$300. Their controllers may cost $30-$100 to make max. If they lose a controller every once and awhile to fraud, no big deal. For us, that is huge and we lose big-time! The macro controllers are very expensive to make.

odingalt

Staff member

Retailers can choose to ship with FedEx and UPS without a signature required. That's their choice. WHEN WE SHIP UPS OR FEDEX, WE REQUIRE ADULT SIG. That means if the UPS driver doesn't check your ID and you're not an adult, he's dropping off the package at HIS risk. If the buyer claims the package never arrived, and there's no sig, and my business requested an adult sig, then UPS pays out of their pocket.

odingalt

Staff member
I have locked this thread. I am no longer going to argue with people over shipping. If any other threads are opened regarding shipping, they will be answered and closed. I am wasting 2 hours a day arguing with trolls.

odingalt

Staff member
Saver costs around $90 and takes over a week. If we even allowed saver, customers would just complain that they paid $90 and it took over a week. For $5 more we offer the next service up.

zhora

Shipping multiple macro controllers

I know a previous thread on shipping costs was closed but I have simple question: Me and a couple of friends are interested in buying some macro controllers (MCs). If I buy 4 MCs in one batch, why do I have to pay 4 times the shipping costs (to the Netherlands)? Are you actually going to ship them individually or is there some other logic behind it?

cheers

Last edited:

RED SOX

ModdingBros Co-Leader
i'm guessing you have to pay for the handling and the idk whats its called but its a type of insurance ups uses of all the controllers

Derps

Outrageous Shipping Costs..

Hello,

I have recently taken an interest in purchasing a Viking 360 Tyr's Hand Rapid Fire Controller from http://www.viking360.com/ .
I was filling out the ordering form this morning when I came to the shipping cost: $107.96 plus the cost of the controller: $99.00 . With a total of $206.96!

To ship an item for that much money seems absurd. I would like to know whether this is a mistake in the prices or will I have to pay an extra of $107 to get my controller? I'm not willing to spend that much money for shipping. If so I will look somewhere else for modded controllers.

Regards,
Liam

Derps

Not that expensive! But never mind, I purchased another controller with similar features for a much more reasonable price. Good luck with further sales.

titansfan2104

Shipping charges

It is what it is, but the shipping inside the continental U.S. is $20. The shipping charges are a little inflated. I have shipped numerous electronic game calls and even guns and bows (which are very large packages at roughly 3-4 times the value of the macro) for less than $30 insured up to $800 with adult signature confirmation. You have to pay to play and i know i wouldnt go through the trouble of building these controllers unless there was a significant profit involved because i would guess the biggest cost outside of the materiels would be development and Support !!!! Those two things alone add $$$$ to the overall cost. But to the OP, I dont know why he couldnt pack in one larger box and reduce shipping costs.

odingalt

Staff member
Jets, can you merge this with any one of the other 10 threads of international customers complaining about high shipping costs (which we have no control over). Thread locked.

odingalt

Staff member
It is what it is, but the shipping inside the continental U.S. is $20. The shipping charges are a little inflated. I have shipped numerous electronic game calls and even guns and bows (which are very large packages at roughly 3-4 times the value of the macro) for less than $30 insured up to $800 with adult signature confirmation. You have to pay to play and i know i wouldnt go through the trouble of building these controllers unless there was a significant profit involved because i would guess the biggest cost outside of the materiels would be development and Support !!!! Those two things alone add $$$$ to the overall cost. But to the OP, I dont know why he couldnt pack in one larger box and reduce shipping costs.

titansfan2104. We institute ZERO MARKUP on our shipping. Do me a favor:

Go to www.UPS.com or www.FedEx.com
Ask it to calculate ACTUAL shipping charges based on WEIGHT and SIZE
Enter a package weight of 2 lbs. 0 oz.
Entire "use my packaging" and enter parcel weight of 9" x 6" x 3"
Enter "I will schedule a pickup"
Enter the Viking360 shop's ZIP code which is 99336
Enter your ZIP code
CLICK ON RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY - THIS IS ALWAYS AN ADDITIONAL FEE - DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THIS

Now, go do the same on the Viking360.com website, and tell me what you get.

odingalt

Staff member
Honestly, nobody has ever ordered multiple controllers out of country. Domestically, we do actually ship both controllers separately in separate boxes. We've only sold multiple controllers a few times. So the shopping cart is indeed set up to calculate the shipping as if we have to ship each controller as a separate parcel. Since the macro controllers are pre-built, tested, boxed and ready to rock, the employees just print the shipping label, slap it on the box and ship it out.

If you are serious about buying four macro's, we can't give you a discount, but we can get the shipping sorted out. It will still end up costing over $100 in shipping :-( because we only use UPS's two fastest shipping options with signature.

titansfan2104

titansfan2104. We institute ZERO MARKUP on our shipping. Do me a favor:

Go to www.UPS.com or www.FedEx.com
Ask it to calculate ACTUAL shipping charges based on WEIGHT and SIZE
Enter a package weight of 2 lbs. 0 oz.
Entire "use my packaging" and enter parcel weight of 9" x 6" x 3"
Enter "I will schedule a pickup"
Enter the Viking360 shop's ZIP code which is 99336
Enter your ZIP code
CLICK ON RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY - THIS IS ALWAYS AN ADDITIONAL FEE - DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THIS

Now, go do the same on the Viking360.com website, and tell me what you get.
YEs it came up to $17.01 , thats odd though because i just shipped a bowtech invasion bow and a mathews z7 in two separate packages that were 24"x38"x4" each weighing in at 7# with $800 ins coverage , ups ground and adult sig conf. One was $24 to pennsylvania and the other was $29 to CT. So i was really just basing it off that scenario, SORRY!!!

Last edited: