Shipping Charges High? International Shipping Questions? Please Visit Here!

odingalt

Staff member
YEs it came up to $17.01 , thats odd though because i just shipped a bowtech invasion bow and a mathews z7 in two separate packages that were 24"x38"x4" each weighing in at 7# with $800 ins coverage , ups ground and adult sig conf. One was $24 to pennsylvania and the other was $29 to CT. So i was really just basing it off that scenario, SORRY!!!

Well one thing with Viking, we're not a high volume operation, so we don't get very good shipping discounts. :-( I believe some web companies do have great rates. The more they ship, the bigger the discounts they receive from UPS and FedEx shipping companies. We get a small discount from UPS but you can hardly tell the difference after fuel surcharges and residential delivery adder.

Derps

titansfan2104. We institute ZERO MARKUP on our shipping. Do me a favor:

Go to www.UPS.com or www.FedEx.com
Ask it to calculate ACTUAL shipping charges based on WEIGHT and SIZE
Enter a package weight of 2 lbs. 0 oz.
Entire "use my packaging" and enter parcel weight of 9" x 6" x 3"
Enter "I will schedule a pickup"
Enter the Viking360 shop's ZIP code which is 99336
Enter your ZIP code
CLICK ON RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY - THIS IS ALWAYS AN ADDITIONAL FEE - DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THIS

Now, go do the same on the Viking360.com website, and tell me what you get.

Okay sure, yea $107 now explain how I can get a similar controller, from a smaller company than you, based in USA, shipped over here to NZ for $14. Tell me how you get 107$ compared to $14.

zhora

Honestly, nobody has ever ordered multiple controllers out of country. Domestically, we do actually ship both controllers separately in separate boxes. We've only sold multiple controllers a few times. So the shopping cart is indeed set up to calculate the shipping as if we have to ship each controller as a separate parcel. Since the macro controllers are pre-built, tested, boxed and ready to rock, the employees just print the shipping label, slap it on the box and ship it out.

If you are serious about buying four macro's, we can't give you a discount, but we can get the shipping sorted out. It will still end up costing over $100 in shipping because we only use UPS's two fastest shipping options with signature.

Thanks for the reply Odin. Any idea what the shipping costs would be for 4 MCs to the Netherlands when you send them in one box? I know you said over $100 but is that $200-$300 or say $120. And yes we are still interested. Would it be possible to PM me with the details?

cheers

titansfan2104

Okay sure, yea $107 now explain how I can get a similar controller, from a smaller company than you, based in USA, shipped over here to NZ for $14. Tell me how you get 107$ compared to $14.
well the thing is... odin is right i did what he asked with the shipping charges in the above post and the charges were right there at his quoted price. Just be cautious, that $14 dollar shipping charge might end up making you wait for a few weeks or even not get it in one piece! But either way, have fun with your madcatz!!!!!!!!!!!!

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for the reply Odin. Any idea what the shipping costs would be for 4 MCs to the Netherlands when you send them in one box? I know you said over $100 but is that $200-$300 or say $120. And yes we are still interested. Would it be possible to PM me with the details?

cheers

I think it would be in the low to mid $100's. I think I've shipped a 10lbs. box for like $150-$160 and these controllers all put together should only be 5 lbs. Import duties are what is going to kill you! If your government imposes import duties. Some people in the UK have been hit HARD by import duties on these controllers :-(

Tx1000

If they go up any higher. I cant see you selling much. Hell $200 if hella much for a controller. Now there 250 . And you guys are coming out WITH A new controller that is no more then 150. Now do you really think the marco is going to sell then?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
If they go up any higher. I cant see you selling much. Hell $200 if hella much for a controller. Now there 250 . And you guys are coming out WITH A new controller that is no more then 150. Now do you really think the marco is going to sell then?

The best controller in the world not selling? I think not eventually they will all sell especially since its getting to the holiday season. From what I heard they get a lot of sales around this time of year. So yes I do think it will still sell.

NYjetsNY1

The best controller in the world not selling? I think not eventually they will all sell especially since its getting to the holiday season. From what I heard they get a lot of sales around this time of year. So yes I do think it will still sell.

Yep mj I agree with you.

Baerserk

International shipping costs?

Wanted to buy a Viking Macro but these shipping costs are the most expensive i've ever seen.

USPS Worldwide Express 127,-
USPS Worldwide Saver 122,-

Are those real or is it a failure by the order form? I'm living in western europe and not on the moon. ;)

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
1.) Look under general discussion for this topic. (For future reference)
2.) They only use UPS which is quite expensive for international orders.

Baerserk

Thanks for the hint!

Its a little bit disapointing, because i really wanted one but im not going to pay that amount of money for shipping. Got one from a competitor 4 months ago and shipping with DHL express international cost about 45,- (incl. tracking number and that other stuff). Would be cool if the viking guys could think about some better/cheaper options, but i think they will sell the macro ones anyway. :)

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Get Viking to ship it to someone in the USA that you know and can trust, then get them to ship it to you. It will be cheaper that way.

Baerserk

No, if a company don't offer acceptable shipping options they wont get my money. It's sad that what i've read in the other thread that this is about some fraud problems in the last time. There always people out there which destroys something for the rest of us.

Ive seen the vinkingdigital store has the same shipping costs. Great products, so sad. :(

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Well honestly there just trying to reduce fraud you could ship it to someone in the USA that you know for like $20-$30 ten they could ship it to you with DHL International for $40-$60.

Baerserk

In the end that would be the same amount of money but problems with fraud or anything else should not be payed by the honest customers ihmo. The only option i see would be borderlinx. Can some official give me the weight and height/lengh/width of the package to calculate a price for shipping this myself via borderlinx?

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
In the end that would be the same amount of money but problems with fraud or anything else should not be payed by the honest customers ihmo. The only option i see would be borderlinx. Can some official give me the weight and height/lengh/width of the package to calculate a price for shipping this myself via borderlinx?
They won't do that, the only other shipping service is Fedex. That isn't even guaranteed, PM Odingalt about Fedex. Secondly if you ship it to somebody in the US it will be around $20-$30 then you could get them to ship it to you with USPS for like $30-$60 it would be alot cheaper.